What's new

Another Day At Work

poker_jake

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
321
Reaction score
55
Location
Duluth, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First the Office:

8010374231_7dab46f6e1_b.jpg


We have an airshow tomorrow and Sunday so all the guys started flying in today.

8010377436_c6e3084841_b.jpg


8010376183_7079dbdd7b_b.jpg


8010384878_bac07269e8_b.jpg


8010385130_797193b166_b.jpg


8010379559_8a34ee5a3f_b.jpg



More here: Flickr: Poker_Jake's Photostream


As always C&C welcome!
 
Last edited:
I'm so jealous. The Phantom has long been my all-time favorite Vietnam-era jet, yet I've never seen one up close and personal (except at the boneyard at Davis-Monthan and that doesn't count).

The Mustang isn't the more common "D" model either. It's earlier but I'm not sure which variant it is.

Beautiful shots, excellent exposures. I wish I were there ;)
 
I'm so jealous. The Phantom has long been my all-time favorite Vietnam-era jet, yet I've never seen one up close and personal (except at the boneyard at Davis-Monthan and that doesn't count).

The Mustang isn't the more common "D" model either. It's earlier but I'm not sure which variant it is.

Beautiful shots, excellent exposures. I wish I were there ;)

Thanks, I believe it's the C model. My FLickr has a shot of the D model. The F-4 is an amazing plane so much power (louder then hell, impossible to listen to the radios during departure and low approaches) and probably the meanest looking fighter ever.
 
Thanks, I believe it's the C model. My FLickr has a shot of the D model. The F-4 is an amazing plane so much power (louder then hell, impossible to listen to the radios during departure and low approaches) and probably the meanest looking fighter ever.

Agreed! The F-4 was put into service in 1958, and I was in the second grade. I saw an advertisement for the USAF in Boy's Life Magazine showing the "New" F-4 Phantom, and from that day on all I ever wanted to do was join the Air Force and fly one. Unfortunately when I was in a position to do so Vietnam was at its peak and my mother begged me not to. So, I never flew a Phantom but I did learn to fly several years later. Despite the Phantom's shortcomings it is still my favorite though.

A couple of shots of a model of an F-4E I built a few years ago showing just how mean they do look ;)

Phantom40.jpg


Phantom43.jpg
 
The F4 still looks the business, doesn't it! Good shots, poker_jake, especially the Phantom
and 'the Harrier', (or whatever name it's known by, in the USA).
 
Thanks guys, hopefully get some more today during the show but it was nice yesterday not having a crowds of people around to fill the background of the shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom