Another Failed Attempt

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
This is the second time I've tried to take a shot of this tree. I need to get a higher perspective so it doesn't blend into the background!

yeah, that seems like a tough capture, but i like the way yur thinking :thumbup: i still like this photo just because of the contrast between green and dead browns of the treeline. the line is straight across... cool :thumbup:

i like this shot, but i agree that a higher perspective would make it look even better. maybe if you could take something to stand on and put your camera on a tripod and then hold the tripod over your head it might help. its still a very nice pic as is though.

Take your camera, walk up to the tree and fall down at the base and just be far enough away so that all the tree is in frame, maybe take it at a slight angle. Like a ground level shot looking up, with the ominous clouds overhead. I don't know exactly what you were goin for but thats what I would do, and is there anything else to life than people telling you what to do?

I love the contrast and the sky and green but the tree is lost in the BG and there is actually too much FG IMO.
I agree with 8ball...get in close and try and isolate the tree more and remove it from getting lost in the BG of brown trees...maybe silhouette against the sky.

The idea I was going for is one lone tree in a vast expanse of nothingness.... like it was seperated from all the other trees and got lost or something. So I like my distance, but I think I just need to get higher.

Verbal said:
The idea I was going for is one lone tree in a vast expanse of nothingness.... like it was seperated from all the other trees and got lost or something. So I like my distance, but I think I just need to get higher.

If that's what you're going for then yeh...get higher...bring a stepladder :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back