Another Fly Shot - getting better

OMG! Nates you need an apprentice for your macro work? I nominate myself!! lol good job on these...

Very inspiring since I've planned to get into macro.

I'd be happy to let you follow me around and show you what little I actually know. :D I have gotten the hang of it pretty quick. The shots in this post are the result of about 5 minutes of shooting while the rain let up up briefly during a thunderstorm (though it was still sprinkling).

The worst part about it is the chiggers and ticks. Got 2 ticks (and haven't had any in years prior) and a few chigger bites the first couple of times. Now I spray down with OFF pretty good and try to take a shower when I come back in or shortly after....seems to have helped.

Hey would you be able to help me the equipment names that I would need to shoot like this?

I have a minolta 70 Film. can you help me figure out what I need with this camera?

Hey would you be able to help me the equipment names that I would need to shoot like this?

I have a minolta 70 Film. can you help me figure out what I need with this camera?

Honestly probably not. I know absolutely nothing about Minolta and very little about film other than what I've read about (obviously shot it in the past but nothing major like an SLR).

My only suggestion would be to research what lenses are availabe for your camera. All of the following are sharp lenses and should be able to do what mine does

Sigma 105mm f2.8
Tamron 90mm f2.8
Sigma 150mm f2.8
Tamron 180mm f3.5
Sigma 180mm f3.5

among many others, but those are the third party offerings I can think of that you might be able to get. You'll also need some type of flash and something to diffuse through as it is hard to get a fast enough shutter speed at f/13 or so unless you are using harsh direct sunlight (not good).

wow buddy! these are stunning!
so much details in the eyes! almost looking like carbon fiber! its insane!

Nice set of photo's . I like @ the best .

Great shots. I'm pretty close to you if you ever want to do some shooting together. I still have tons to learn, but surely we could help each other out.

Great shots. I'm pretty close to you if you ever want to do some shooting together. I still have tons to learn, but surely we could help each other out.

Hey, we should do that sometime. That would be a lot of fun. We usually stay at the Fulton Drury Inn (the one on I44 and 141) when we make trips to the St. Louis. It's about an hour from us and right on the edge of everywhere we like to go. Can't make that trip again until after our baby is born on the 21st, but a month or so after that I should be able to get away for a day.

I've been wanting to go to the Butterfly House up in Chesterfield. Ever been there?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back