Another From The 4th Series

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by smoke665, Jul 2, 2019.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    @CherylL Thank you. I think I read something about you had a bubble machine??? Looking forward to seeing pictures!

@paigew & @Jeff15 thank you for looking and commenting

2. CherylL

CherylL TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    @smoke665 the bubble machine is ready. I'm waiting for the grands to be available.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Bubbles and kids should be fun, maybe make for some action shots (defintely will make for some action anyway!).

In this set, the one with a sparkly thing to her left is hard to make out what it is and it's kind of sticking into the side of the photo, might have been better moved in closer or out of the frame. I think something like a brick background can make the angle/perspective more noticeable.

The face is priceless in the second one! Just needed to be framed lower so her fingers were completely in the photo, and would've helped to have someone check/arrange the hair after putting on the hat. Of course none of that may last for long, young ones are just too much on the move.

You could try doing test shots with a teddy bear stand-in or something! and figure out something to use as a physical 'cue' as to where to stand. We often used carpet squares at school (probably donated by local paint & carpet stores), or soft plasticky circles that were in the gym equipment; depending on the stage & age it helps young children to show them where to stand/sit (and they'll only stay so long!).

I think the posed photos will work better when she's older, she's probably just still at that active stage. You did get some fun expressions!

• Like Like x 1
  4. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

100 mph duct tape works better but Mimi won't let me use it. :allteeth:

mt792-2.jpg

When shooting kids I always preset everything from lights to camera settings. On a simple set, tape on the floor marks the spot, but on the more complicated sets you have to allow for a zone approach and catch them as they fly through. :allteeth: The easiest is to set them on a chair, stool, etc, as I've found that butts on a seat and feet off the floor are less mobile. I don't go to these extremes on sets for other peoples kids.