Another HDR attempt...C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my latest HDR attempt. I was out messing around in the local sand dunes and decided to take a few shots of my truck. C&C please!

Untitled_HDR2small.jpg

Normally I would agree, but I couldn't pass up the screaming deal I got on it ;)

Not to mention it'll go dang near anywhere I want! And for places it can't go, I've got the ATV :headbang:

I like it. One day I will try the HDR thing out.

The only things I could recommend are:
1. Make the truck a little bit lighter, and,
2. Send it to Ford to try and sell it to them.
Really looks good.
BTW, I think Ford makes fantastic trucks!!!

Everything i've read, and seen as far as C&C on HDR's...you do not want a halo around your subject.

The halo needs to be changed and it would be nice to see more detail in the interior of the truck. How many exposures?

HDR's are cool when there are no halos.

For this particular shot, the halo was intentional. I'll edit a different series of photos and try to reduce the halo, and we'll see where I end up. It was done with 3 photos. The next one I'll try is with 7.

Ok here's another try. This one was from a very slightly different series of photos than the one in my first post. I tried to leave the halo out, although I wasn't able to do it entirely (I'm still brand new to HDR, trying to figure it out). The colors in this one are closer to the natural color as well.

Untitled_HDR3small.jpg

I like it more with the halos remember rules are ment to be broken, an thats the diffrence between being unique and diffrent from the rest.

I'm no professional but from just looking at the original photo posted for critique and the 2nd edited version I definitely prefer the first. The truck looks great and not at all like it needs Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

Is the glow intentional?

Usually a glow in HDR says its overdone. In this case its overdone.

Why use HDR for this shot? Its not needed.

I love doing HDR, the correct way, but when I keep seeing these style of pictures, it makes me dislike HDR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back