ANother HDR photo

JRE313

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited by a moderator:
For an HDR you havent done a great job. There are still windows that are blown out and needed additional underexposed shots to include in the HDR set. Another thing that bothers me are the ghost images of the people walking around.

BTW, put the image's URL between the IMAGE tags and it will show up in your post:

[IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/JRE313/HDR/churchHDR.jpg[/IMG]

Let me know what you think, i did not shoot this photo with my camera, but I have the raw files and wanted to spice it up,

Let me know what u think

HDR :: churchHDR.jpg picture by JRE313 - Photobucket

Actually, you did not shoot that image with anyone else's camera. The image was shot by and copyrighted by Trey Ratcliff and as per the Grant of Rights, your Creative Commons use must credit him with ownership. The copyright information is supposed to accompany the original files and I believe the credit must be included in the metadata of any derivatives.
I personally find your tonemapped image way to grungy and over-contrasted. You have blown highlights and plugged shadows. You could have done a better job in treating the ghosts. Overall your result is way overcooked.
Regards, Murray

Last edited:
hmmm, I still think this is against forum guidelines..

Far as I can tell its not, since the original creators work is released under the Creative Commons licences. However as mistermonday correctly states there should be proper attribution of the original author of the works. For now I've edited into the original post the blog and flickr of the original author, Trey Ratcliff, however I've not found the original source of these RAW files to include.

Far as I can tell its not, since the original creators work is released under the Creative Commons licences. However as mistermonday correctly states there should be proper attribution of the original author of the works. For now I've edited into the original post the blog and flickr of the original author, Trey Ratcliff, however I've not found the original source of these RAW files to include.
Overread, the original RAW files are available only with the purchase of a certain product from Stuck in Customs. However the conditions of use are the same as all of the images Trey has made publically accessible - Creative Commons use provided that attribution is given. Commercial use prohibited except under license. You have taken care of it now.
Regards, Murray

Most reactions

Back