What's new

Another image - C&C welcome

wk_photog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
MA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another image for my Daughter... Again thanks really trying to learn from my images and work.

Shot @Pine Point ME @4:00pm (late day sun)
Canon EOS20D
1/250 sec @ f/4.0, ISO 200
100 mm (55.0-200.0 mm)

As shot

dee_rock_sr_pict_1-2.jpg



With Vignette (what she asked me to add)

dee_rock_sr_pict_1.jpg
 
I like this one, but without the vignette. Only thing I would work on is stray hair in the sunlight.
 
I like it! I don't like the vignette on it though, and I am usually a big fan of vignettes, I think it's the white that's bothering me. It doesn't add to the photo in this case.
 
the vignetting needs to go. aside from that, excellent shot, her face is well lit, good exposure, composition is nice. great job ;]
 
Nicely done. Just natural ambient light (no flash)?
 
Am I the only person that thinks it looks soft and out of focus a bit? I like the pose and the lighting though!!! Good job with those. Not a fan of the vignette especially white vignetting.
 
i agree with the vignette. but all round nice shot. I too think it looks a touch soft.
 
White vignetting is usually a bee line to killing an image, no offence. She asked you to add it, and I get that, but a black vignette makes more sense because the eye is drawn from darker to lighter areas. As noted, it needs to go.

There's a fair bit of JPEG artifacting. Is this a result of your exporting the image using low quality settings or did you shoot in JPEG? This may be what shortballer is seeing as softness.

I'm a big fan of using the late day sun as a rim light. It works wonderfully; I'm surprised you had enough light from the front to expose her properly though. Much of the time I have to flash my subject to get a even exposure. Though this is a function of your surroundings, and not what can be seen in frame.
 
Great job on the picture. I think the pose looks very nice and the lighting is great!
 
Thanks for the feeback all. The vignetting is gone now... and I believe the softness is due to the export out of Light Room. Seems the kids played with settings and I was not watching. Just got them back from the LAB and her and her friends (and Family of course) love them so that is what is important of course.

She loves to be in front of the lens so it gives me lots of occasions to shoot.

Thanks again for the feedback.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom