Another Model Mayhem shoot **C&C PLEASE**

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did another shoot. Let me know what you guys think. Critiques welcome and encouraged!
mg1.jpg

mg2.jpg

mg3.jpg

mg4.jpg

The crops are too close in my opinion for most. Either it's RIGHT, and i mean RIGHT at the edge of the model, and in some it takes a little off of the hand and such.

Whatever...

I come across women walking on the beach wearing stiletto heels every day. :lmao:

Well, if they are that brain dead, maybe they will pose for photos like this. Who knows?

This kind of stuff is so old (and boring) you need to really find a new angle to get someone's attention. Except, of course, for the teens out there. Maybe...

Seriously, I have no problem with this kind of photos but make them different. Please...

Love these tight shot photos. These are how portraits are suppose to be! Great job and keep up the great work.

I really like no.4 and 2 is really good also. Some are a little tight but for this kind of shot it really needs to be.

I have been shooting models (from MM) and doing this kind of wkr myself, so I applaud you for shooting this way. There is inevitably a level of interaction that happens when several people are working together over an individual shoot. I find (being new to this) that I don't have complete control over a shoot... The model has her own poses and stances she brings, and I still find it odd to direct someone - I can guide her to certain poses, but I'm still not thinking totally photographically. The pose may seem aesthetically pleasing, but the way the light falls doesn't really become clear to me until I am back in front of the computer, and I can see what works, and what didn't.

That's a long way of qualifying what my criticism is: I think you are technically proficient at getting the shot. That means you can begin focusing on the composition, and the overall mood. These images are good, but it seems like the opportunity to be great was missed. Think about the story that the image is supposed to communicate.

I think the comment about the woman in the heels on the beach is accurate. Why is she on the beach like that? I like the colors, the tone, her pose is quite sexy. I like the different textures - her skin, the tree, the shiny dress... but so what?

The picture of her against the rocks doesn't work at all. It seems forced, and sometimes it's something as simple as her hand that communicates volumes. It's just... "there"... it's not doing anything... no emotions.

The two portraits are good, especially for her personal use.

What makes us different than landscape/architecture photographers, and especially the street photographers, is that we don't hope to "find" an image, we make one.

The photos are of excellent quality that Canon is well known for. You have great equipment capable of making beautiful art but as the others said the framing and composition of the photo isnt very original. I dont have all the info about your shoot but you did produce very nice shots other than the look being generic. Keep up the good work and give your shots more mojo!

I wish people wouldn't mention the models are from MM because I almost instantly start critiquing the model instead of the picture instead. :lol:

And I must say, the model's what ruins the pictures for me. I like the mood the 1st one gives off, though.

I saw these last night. Probably right after you posted them. There was only one comment at the time. I wanted to give it a time to see how the other comments would come. (I knew there would be other comments soon due to the word model mayhem:))) I am glad that most of them came in the right way; meaning people didn't give it a 5-star just because the model is good looking and sexy. And I guess this is what it should be. And I am gald I am learning something new everyday...
I guess Iron Flatline's last statement is very good to think about...

The photos are of excellent quality that Canon is well known for. You have great equipment capable of making beautiful art but as the others said the framing and composition of the photo isnt very original. I dont have all the info about your shoot but you did produce very nice shots other than the look being generic. Keep up the good work and give your shots more mojo!

:raisedbrow:

You know those Nikon cameras make horrible pictars

1. I like it, but as others have said, maybe the light reflection isn't the best
2. Cropped a little to close to the model
3. You can tell she felt a bit awkward in the pic, IDK..maybe have her leaned against the rock next time?
4. I like this one best.

Awesome pics though.

You know those Nikon cameras make horrible pictars

I knew i would get a canon vs nikon remark from that. I was pointing out a newb whos lucky enough to have great equipment (just like me) when starting out will get great results no matter what but mainly for him just to focus on his art. If you read below his equipment he is new to photography. If you look at his flickr you'll see a lot of "spray and pray" shots in a club that are great quality images but appears as if they were taken by a drunk kid with a P&S. Having great equipment will give you great images. Having a great eye will give great art. :hugs:

Edit: Nevermind. I'll refrain from contributing to what this may turn in to. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back