8ball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
iso 200 shutter 1/5 f stop 7.1
Moon-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad...I see that was shot at 200mm; is that a 100% crop? That's an awfully slow shutter speed for that aperture. Are you using spot metering mode? Did you have to back the exposure off at all in post?

Anyway, in my experience, it's hard to get a good moon shot with a 200mm lens, so well done. Yours is a little soft (I have the same problem, and only 6 MP to work with). To get it sharper, you could try bumping the ISO up a little and using a faster shutter speed.

Edit: Just took another look at exif data, and it looks like this was shot at 1/40s. That's a little more like it. Even so, try to get the shutter speed even faster, make sure you use sunny white balance, and don't be afraid to sharpen a little in post.

Much nicer than the previous one although still fairly fuzzy.

just rechecked 1/40 f 7.1

it is tough it a 200 mm lens it is a crop that i did as well maybe that is what is cuasing the blury fuzzy look?

it is tough it a 200 mm lens it is a crop that i did as well maybe that is what is cuasing the blury fuzzy look?
Not likely, at least not as much as the problem is still shutter speed. Get it on up there at 1/160s.

Until you get a sharp image in camera, photoshop is not going to be a big help.

Most reactions

Back