Another new guy, introduction

Whenever people ask "How did they take this AMAZING PHOTO" and I've seen members say "If you want an amazing photo, you gotta start with an amazing camera."

I disagree, with a low end digital I've seen some amazing photos. Just depends on the guy behind it. The higher end cameras help us with less skill though! ;-)
Fundamentally true, but the minimum threshhold you're going to want to pass when it comes to wildlife photography is a camera that actually takes the picture when you push the shutter release. Many digital point-n-shoots need to first auto-white balance, auto-focus, and auto-meter and THEN take the picture.... grrr.... you think shooting a toddler at Christmas is difficult, try capturing an animal out in the wild at the perfect moment. The thing will be in Montana by the time you're camera is good to go.

NEO, welcome to the Forum - where everyone is (pretty much) friendly and helpful, opinions are bountiful, and support ever-present.

Have fun. Buy something good, you seem to be someone who has an appreciation for precision equipment, do not waste your money on the slightly cheaper version and regret having bought it later. Get yourself a really nice long lens with Image Stabilization and a decent body to put behind that. Someone already said that, but worry more about the lens than the body.

Oh, and FPS does matter - sometimes when shooting in nature you want to be able to auto-crank out 3,4,5 or more frames, one of which will be good. You don't want to go hunting with an automatic, but going shooting is a different thing ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back