Another newbie, from Manchester UK

heyitsdiggy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm Diggy, I'm new here obviously. I've been looking for a forum to join for a while now and hopefully I've found the right fit. From what I can see this place is nice and friendly and encouraging.

I've been a fan of photography for quite a few years but it's only really been the last couple of years that I've really started trying to learn more and experiment more.

I started off a couple of years ago by buying a Nikon D40 from a friend. I rarely ever used it out of program mode to be truthful as it fit my needs at the time. I find with my job its rare I really get the chance to go out and just take pictures and at the time most of my free time was taken up planning my wedding with my now wife. I found that when I did find a chance to take photos I didn't have the camera with me as it wasn't planned and the camera was to big to lug around all the time.

I eventually around the mid point of last year decided to sell my D40 and get a Nikon V1, I realised that I wanted the control of an SLR but smaller. I did a lot research and eventually settled on the V1. I love it, I always have it in my bag with me and can snap away whenever I want. I've recently started to learn more about the manual features of the camera and while there not as quick to access as on an SLR I'm finding I can achieve what I want.

I've recently done a basic photography course and already noticed a difference in my habits and quality of photos. The reason I'm here to be around people who are just like me and to get ideas and advice and even give it when I can. I have a baby on the way, so I guess the starting bulk of images will be baby photos lol, the due date is tomorrow (9th) so any minute now I guess.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF. We have a few UK members. But mostly its Yanks, what with our "soccer" as football and all!

Welcome to TPF. We have a few UK members. But mostly its Yanks, what with our "soccer" as football and all!

It always confuses Americans minds when I tell them that soccer is just the short form of "Association *Football* ". :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been taking a look around and I like it here, I'm looking forward sharing some images with you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back