another nighttime/long exposure shot

pharmakon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This shot has been eating at me for a few weeks now. Finally found time to set it up and try it out.

4292682599_73091a6238_o.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

This shot has been eating at me for a few weeks now. Finally found time to set it up and try it out.

Are you talking about the style of shot or this actual location? If you mean the style, as in, long exposure then you accomplished what you were going for. I might suggest a busier road to get more action with the car lights. Setting up closer to the road (safe distance) and trying different angles may have made the subject (car lights) more interesting.

If you were talking about wanting to shoot that location for weeks, then I just don't see it. Nothing really interesting about this location.

This is something I like to try , How long was your lens opened for ??

To me, a snap, elements in the foreground are distracting, and the flare from the lights is distracting.

Are you talking about the style of shot or this actual location?

A little of both. I'm still very much in a "trying things out to see what works" phase. This is my second night shot. The location was somewhere I jog by several times a week and I liked the curvature of the road and abundance of street lights.

Unfortunately in my part of the state (and for most of florida in general) there isn't much for landscapes other than the beach, and I was looking for something different.

Alex:

Looking at it now I really should have at least found a way around the bush on the right, I was back on a berm trying to get a little bit higher perspective.

as far as the flare, not sure what I could do to get rid of it, short of buying a better lens..

Thanks for your thoughts, both of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back