Another parking garage. C&C

Espike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok friends, up for your review is this here photo.

Parking Garage part deux by eric.diaz, on Flickr

I was on my way to class when I saw yet ANOTHER parking garage that caught my eye. What I saw was the repetitive lines and the emptiness of such a large building exaggerated by the only two cars that can be seen from this angle. I converted to B&W because there wasn't much color to begin with. However, I now feel that the concrete may not be bright enough. I The top looks crooked because the building may not be completely level. I the bottom is straight, but the top is not. It gets progressively worse on the higher floors (which I cropped out because they were driving me crazy). What do you guys think? Technically good? Composition wise? Is it even interesting? Or do I just have a thing for parking garages since my truck can't fit in them?

EXIF:
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 19 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Is it that boring? Dang...
Did I at least get the technical parts correct? I think I did. How about the subject and the composition?

Espike - Good idea for a B/W..

Compositionally, I would have preferred the bottom car along the right vertical to balance the shot out... I also think the odd rule might have made the shot more interesting, 3 cars not 2 cars... I know there wasn't much you could do about that, it's just an observation... The lens probably had more to do with the skewing of the building than the building itself, not sure how much of that can be fixed pp....

The tilt kinda bothers a bit. I like the way the jeep is poking out. I think it is technically sound, just a composition/artistic improvement would be needed to make it a great photo.

Right on & thanks for the advice. I think you may be right about the lens distortion. @Ernicus, yeah, it does drive me a bit crazy... I did do the profile correction in LR, but it can't be perfect each time. As far as odd rule: Yeah, you gotta work with what you get, especially when you're already late to class!

It looks like it was shot at a very slight angle. I think that is causing some of your perspective tilt issues. Shots like this work best when you are 100% purely perpendicular to the subject. Even a few inches can cause it to be a little 'off'.

I like it! Tilt is off, and you can still fix that in pp, but the symmetry is nice and I like the contrast!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Most reactions

Back