Another round from me!

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First Happy Mothers Day!

Second, the kids and I (hubby is deployed to Afghanistan since January) went to a movie, then to an old Fort on the base....

I turned these black and white, just by the desaturate button in Gimp. Is there a better way to convert?

Thanks again!

33opu11.jpg

1z32dkg.jpg

29dbz2e.jpg

11tv3g4.jpg

9i8s52.jpg

You have a decent eye for line and shape. If you find yourself in situations where the color just isn't in your subject to begin with, just try shooting in B&W from the git-go. Not bad at all.

I would never shoot B&W from the start. That's just me though. I feel I would lose something if I did that. Plus I don't even know how to set my camera to do that lol.

For converting I've found if you desaturate the image and then add contrast, bump up the blacks, and maybe manually overexpose the image I get good results. Of course there are probably many different ways and mine is confusing and can lead to different types of B&W but when I'm done I usually have a good image. When you desaturate you get an image that is flat looking. It's because the image is more gray and dark gray than black and white.

Experiment and see what you get though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back