another sunset

JeLeAk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
alright well, this will be my last sunset shot for some time to come(up here in Ak the sun dosent really set) that and i am going outa town for a few months

but any who back onto topic let me know what could have been done to make this a better picture

IMG_0184.jpg

Seems to be too much negative space at the top half the photo...you might try cropping it down about halfway and giving it a panoramic feel. The bottom half of the photo seesm to work well IMO.

I kinda like the air at the top. The dark area at the bottom is heavy enough to balance it - and it's lack of detail is a nice foil for the complexity of the horizon silhouette.
The thing is, Amanda's suggestion of a panoramic crop works too, but it makes it a different picture with a different feel. Which one you go with depends upon what you were trying to achieve.

Hertz van Rental said:
I kinda like the air at the top. The dark area at the bottom is heavy enough to balance it - and it's lack of detail is a nice foil for the complexity of the horizon silhouette.
The thing is, Amanda's suggestion of a panoramic crop works too, but it makes it a different picture with a different feel. Which one you go with depends upon what you were trying to achieve.

Wow, I was thinking 'I kinda like the air at the top', but I could never have pointed it out so clear as Hertz.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back