Another try at HDR...thoughts??

Lex_Cash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok here goes another try at this... Ocean Beach San Diego. -2,0,2 processed in photomatix. Let me know what you think.

IMG_2051_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

I think when you are pointing your camera right at the sun you need a very very very underexposed shot to put some detail in the sun and its reflection. Its really blown out while everything else is underexposed. Not a good example of HDR at all.

Not enough unders and overs here. Keep shooting. Youll get the hang of it.When shooting directly into the sun is good practice to overcompensate on the under side.

I think when you are pointing your camera right at the sun you need a very very very underexposed shot to put some detail in the sun and its reflection. Its really blown out while everything else is underexposed. Not a good example of HDR at all.

Maybe not a good example of HDR, but more likely not a good example of using a 'default standard' of -2/0/+2. The processing is there, just not the field work.

although I agree that the sun is pretty funky in this photo you did pull some really nice detail and texture from the clouds and the water, with a closer to correct exposure of the sun and perhaps a bias toward the more exposed side overall for this shot I'd say you're close to something pretty cool, keep shooting!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back