Another try at HDR

JimmyO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This time my friends bike

Where is the high dynamic range (HDR)? Am I right in assuming that all the tones in this scene could have been recorded in a single exposure (without blocking the shadows or burning the highlights)? It certainly has the 'HDR look' but I am not sure it makes a better picture than a straight properly exposed image.

I don't know. The abundant greyish midtones make this shot seem really cartoony. I'm not really a fan. But HDR is really subjective, so if you were going for cartoony, I think you executed this very well. I personally think it could go without the HDR treatment.

I beleive the general concensus of HDR is to do one that doesnt look like it was.
(though I am a big Fan of these "over done" HDRs)

It all depends what the photographer was after.

And since the OP states he is "trying" another, it would seem that he is experimenting and probably was going for this type of look.

I like it and think it was well done.
the shadow of the handlebars grabs me too.

Thanks for the input guys. Normally i think i could have got some cool stuff, but my friend really wanted me to get something really unique to show off to people.

I know there are much better uses of hdr but i just used it here to get that hand-drawn look.

i think HDR is unnecessary

In general? Or just for this one instance?

I agree that it is overused, but i have to admit it, im currently ADDICTED!

haha, its a lotta fun:)

I like the picture but I feel like my eyes are drawn towards the background instead off the bike. Don't know if it's the black bike or the colors in the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back