Another...

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C appreciated :)
400-2755.jpg

Love the blurred water and the lighting is great. Really nice shot!

I love the detail and colors in the rocks. I'm not that crazy about the rest of it, though, especially the top-third.

Love the blurred water and the lighting is great. Really nice shot!

Cool- Thanks.

I love the detail and colors in the rocks. I'm not that crazy about the rest of it, though, especially the top-third.

Thanks Max. At least that's a percentage. The bright spots (light ray from setting sun) in this shot and the others in the area have been problematic. I'm trying to include them as part of the composition (curving from top left to right and into the flowers, then back right to left along the rocks). The only thing I can think of is that I'm letting the yellow get too bright.

Getting hot around here lately. Nice to tromp around in the water and cool off.

the rocks are neat

That's a start.

The little creek is very colorful. Sand, sandstone and granitic cobbles and boulders from the mountains on both sides of the canyon. Looking forward to some good shots coming from here this summer.

great shot... that looks like a lot of water coming from your neck of the woods... and nice to see all that green too! :thumbup:

Well, I like the bit of brighter green by the filtering sun through wherever it filtered through, and I like to see some fresh, lush green photos taken by Walter (abraxas) - for a while I thought he would only ever see a red desert ;). Hm, Walter - that is your retreat for too hot summer days now, isn't it? Looks like I would retreat to that area, too, if I were anywhere near where you are! :D We could MEET there :D!!!

great shot... that looks like a lot of water coming from your neck of the woods... and nice to see all that green too! :thumbup:

Thanks. It's on the other side of the watershed- It's flowing away from the desert. But it's still a good hideout.

Well, I like the bit of brighter green by the filtering sun through wherever it filtered through, and I like to see some fresh, lush green photos taken by Walter (abraxas) - for a while I thought he would only ever see a red desert ;). Hm, Walter - that is your retreat for too hot summer days now, isn't it? Looks like I would retreat to that area, too, if I were anywhere near where you are! :D We could MEET there :D!!!

There has been zero rain here this year. Maybe a few spreckles and sprinkles but nothing that helps. No spring, no flowers, no flash floods for sure. Dust, wind (and not even any decent dust storms- dust devils) heat and sun. Very depressing. Went hiking the other day. The temp reached 102. No drama. Just stuff baking alive- Mostly people on cell phones- Smells funny (funny serious, not funny ha ha).

Just got sigma 10-20. Might go to the little creek to try it out. Little to no motivation. Should have bought a hat instead.

4 day camping trip starting tomorrow. Last one until fall. Study Indian and pioneer trails through desert. Indians and pioneers were smart enough to stay out of desert in the summer.

:)

yeah, the rocks are really good, I also like the composition of the shot, very nice.

Love that image. Very cool

Just got sigma 10-20. Might go to the little creek to try it out. Little to no motivation. Should have bought a hat instead.

4 day camping trip starting tomorrow. Last one until fall. Study Indian and pioneer trails through desert. Indians and pioneers were smart enough to stay out of desert in the summer.

:)

LOL, i hear that. have fun on the camping trip, take lots of photos...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back