Ansco Shur Shot

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Dean_Gretsch, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Grandpa Ron

Grandpa Ron No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have one but it uses 116 film, so I have not tried it yet. Because of the spring loaded drop in I think I can shim up some 120 film and try a roll. Indexing the film will be the biggest problem.

2. Dean_Gretsch

Dean_Gretsch Always looking... Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Update**

I finished the roll of film and took it to the local CVS ( a drugstore/pharmacy that has photo center inside ) for processing. The young man said it takes at most typically 2 weeks. A month and a half later, I was called to pick up my pics. The young lady gave me a package containing the film box and this:

Film Negative.jpg
    The entire negative strip was like that. Was it bad film? Exposed improperly, or what? Not sure if I want to buy another roll from different place and different type or not. Reading the above comments/suggestions again, I did NOT cover the little red window/frame viewer as suggested. I am pretty sure if I do try another roll, I will NOT be using CVS's 3rd party company ( Fuji ) to process it. They wanted $19.99 ( US ) for this. The CVS manager said she was not going to charge me anything. She could tell I wasn't happy with that figure, and also wondered why Fuji did not at least call me and talk to me about this.
    Suggestions, comments, tips?

3. compur

compur Been spending a lot of time on here!

It's not just a suggestion. It's a must.

Modern films are sensitive to the light that passes through that little red window. So, failing to cover it can and probably will ruin (by exposure) the film as it passes through the camera.

Originally, B&W films were not sensitive to red light so the red window was no problem then. That film was called orthochromatic. Modern films are panchromatic (sensitive to all colors of visible light) so the window must be covered.

You'll have to "wing it" regarding how far to advance the film for each frame.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Dean_Gretsch

Dean_Gretsch Always looking... Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thank you @compur. Maybe I will give it another go:boggled: