antennae

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have one of them converter things in my car. I plug it into my lighter, tune it to an FM station and it plays my MP3 player through it. It used to work great but for the past six months or so, it gets so much interference. I works wonderfully if I touch it but since I drive stick I can't drive and hold it.

Anyone know a way to fix this? Copper wires? Aluminum foil?

Ha... I could never get one of those to get me the quality that I wanted. I ended up buying some wire, solder, and a miniplug jack, and hacking an aux input in for my car.

I have one of them converter things in my car. I plug it into my lighter, tune it to an FM station and it plays my MP3 player through it. It used to work great but for the past six months or so, it gets so much interference. I works wonderfully if I touch it but since I drive stick I can't drive and hold it.

Anyone know a way to fix this? Copper wires? Aluminum foil?

If you get a whine like noise that gets higher when you accelerate, it's from the alternator. When you plug into the cig lighter you'll pick up that "interference". The way to get out of it is by drawing wires from the battery and feeding the converter directly from it.

Just pick a frequency somewhere on the band with less interference.

Most reactions

Back