Antique Cameras, need help

jagwar.jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I inherited some antique cameras recently, and really have no information about any of them. Is there anyone here who may be able to shed some light on them?

The information I have can be found in this post.

Thanks for your help everyone!

You really have to get better closeup images of the text printed anywhere on the cameras.

You really have to get better closeup images of the text printed anywhere on the cameras.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. The cameras are in England and I live in Japan. I took them a while back before I planned on putting them in a post. I will take better ones when I am back!

Thanks

You would have to measure the film chamber. I have a couple of Graflex from 1908 and 1914. They are single lens reflex and will usually take 4X5, 3 1/4 X4 1/4, or 2 1/4 X 3/1/4 cut film which is still available. You will need a film holder of some kind to fit the back. Occasionally some would take roll film. I have a roll adapter for my 3X4 one. Irf you try to use one you will surely take quite a bit of time to set up. They aren't for candids. It doesn't look big enough for a 5X7.

That Contessa is sweet...

I recently got a camera similar to the first one pictured; mine is a German one by Kamerawerk, and although it's hard to make out the logo it doesn't look anything like KW so I'm guessing it's a similar type but a different brand than mine. I'm guessing it takes glass plates and/or sheet film - mine has holders for both. In the rear boxy part you probably would find holders if they're still in the camera. When you can get more pictures of the logo and of the lens and shutter assembly, that'll help determine what the camera is. I think it's probably fairly early 19th century so it could be close to 100 years old.

I also have a camera like the one in the middle photo, a Kodak vest pocket - I can just barely make out the EKC (Eastman Kodak) logo on the front to the left below the lens. I think those all take 127 roll film which is still manufactured although on a somewhat limited basis. Some of the vest pocket cameras are autographics which have a small door on the back that flips open and came with a stylus so you could write on the back of the film (which isn't made anymore).

The text of this link is in French but shows you photos and gives the approximate date of manufacture - if you scroll most of the way down you'll see the vest pockets.
Liste des appareils photo Kodak du site

Thanks to share your collection. They are very nice and the contessa looks amazing! the one in the middle is a kodak vest pocket, it was made from 1912 to 1926. They were the first cameras to use the smaller 127 film reels.[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I hope I helped you .
If you need informations about vintage cameras and photography history check my blog vintagecameraclub.com.

[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back