Any advise for taking pics in Cancun

mahum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought the new canon S90 camera. I am leaving next week, for Cancun and am anxious to take some hopefully, great sunrise and sunset pictures.
I don't want to waste the time on the beach trying to figure out the settings. I would like to be prepared when the time comes to start shooting.
Can you all help me with some tips, or setting, rules of thumb, etc. Thank you:hail:

please do not take this as being rude.... but the manual is your friend

read it and you will be more than prepared

I just bought the new canon S90 camera. I am leaving next week, for Cancun and am anxious to take some hopefully, great sunrise and sunset pictures.
I don't want to waste the time on the beach trying to figure out the settings. I would like to be prepared when the time comes to start shooting.
Can you all help me with some tips, or setting, rules of thumb, etc. Thank you:hail:

With that camera, green auto setting and snap away. Spend more time enjoying your vacation and less time fiddling with the camera.

Post em up when you get back.:thumbup:

p!nK

take some photos to remember the trip, but dont waste too much time, enjoy Cancun! Get a fruity drink and enjoy the beach!

My family and I went to Playa del Carmen for two weeks. If you plan on doing excursions, you will find plenty to take pics of. If you stay in town the whole time or on a resort, you will be challenged to find interesting subject matter (at least in my opinion). We went to several ruins, went swimming in several Cenotes and other underwater caverns. We went to Xel-ha, a huge aquarium that is several hundred acres large. You swim and snorkel through it and float on innertubes or pool rafts.

Warning- do not talk to any of the official looking people in the white shirts. They pretend to be information helpers but they are there to lure you into spending your time hearing sales pitches for time-share condos. They will offer to pay for excursions or Xel-ha or other tempting things but you are advised to ignore them and keep walking.

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with enjoy your vacation. I noticed when I got back from Australia, that camera was in my hand in 80% of the pics. I had plenty of fun, but also took a TON of pics.

As for the sunset and sunrise, I've heard and learned you should always focus without the sun actually in your shot, then just pan to place it in your shot and finish taking the picture. Maybe someone can elaborate on that thought and help you out.

As usual, more people than not are really on here trying to help us newbies. And for THOSE people, I will thank you again for your time, and take your advice to go AUTO and enjoy cancun. I HAVE BTW, read the manual. Just thought there may be a secret or 2 lurking out there...........

I'm going to agree with enjoy your vacation. I noticed when I got back from Australia, that camera was in my hand in 80% of the pics. I had plenty of fun, but also took a TON of pics.

As for the sunset and sunrise, I've heard and learned you should always focus without the sun actually in your shot, then just pan to place it in your shot and finish taking the picture. Maybe someone can elaborate on that thought and help you out.
Thank you, I am going to try the panning thing. I would have not thought to have tried that.........see what I mean? That was not in the manual........

dont drink the water

Take the buses around Cancun area. The price is cheap, you won't be bothered by anyone, and the driver will drop you where ever you want and bring you back to the front of your hotel. As for the condo sellers, if you speak a language other than English, French, or Spanish use it. I speak a few and Lithuanian stumped them totally. :lol:

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back