Ever have one of those photos...

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That just isn't technically worth a darn, but something about it still makes you like it? Well here's mine.

I know I know, motion blur from wind on the marsh grass, duck is OOF, foreground is distracting, blah blah.

I don't know why, but I like this photo. Perhaps b/c I was there when the duck flew out of the marsh beside me and I happened to snag a quick (horribly panned) shot. Wish I'da had my 55-200 on there.

Anyways. Just thought I'd share. C&C if you'd like, but I already know it sucks!

4326196043_73b95f9a63_b.jpg

If thats case, I'll be back! let me upload my entire hard drive! :D

It captured the moment for you, and that is cool. And yes, the duck in flight is the focal point of the picture, even with the heaviness of the ships in the background.

I will join you on this one, I like it too.

p!nK

It's not that bad! You have managed to successfully convey a feeling of three different distances, with the overlapping of the mid-distance with the reeds, and the position of the duck, and then the large and small watercraft in the far distance, tied up along an old-timey waterfront with old brick buildings. You've got an America flag in there too. This looks far, far different than say the port of San Diego, or the Seattle waterfront, or Tacoma, or Portland.

wow. good point, i noticed the american flag too! this is 5 minutes from my house. right beside the famous NC battleship, on the Cape Fear River by our State Ports. Wilmington, NC east coast! This spot is about 3-4 miles boat road before it dumps into the atlantic ocean.

Most reactions

Back