Any Aperture users out there?

iNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Iv'e been using CS4 for all my pp but i was given a free copy of Aperture so i figured ill try it out. i really don't have much knowledge of CS4, just some basic basic stuff. Is Aperture worth learning? I am a bit of an Apple lover (understatement) but if it's not worth it ill stick with Photoshop.

-Nick

Photoshop is an editing program that you can use to make adjustments to your photos as well as edit them. Aperture, like Lightroom, is a digital darkroom that lets you make adjustments to your photos, however they both lack in editing capabilities. They also are good image cataloging/Data management programs. Most people find that they use Aperture or Lightroom about 90% of the time to make general adjustments to their images. They use something like photoshop to actually edit the photos.

I don't do much editing really. I generally do stuff like crop, sharpen, curves, color adjustments ect... im not into really mush more than that.

Hello iNick. I just spoke with Lord Steve Jobs. He said, all you need is Apple and his line of iApps. Thank you have a good day. /endsarcasm

Use both. You will learn which one is best for you for your particular need at that time. There are TONS of free resources in the net to learn both. Youtube is especially good.

Im in no position to actually pay for photoshop so ill resort to torrents -_-

So Aperture is like the big brother to iPhoto.. got it!

Thanks guys!

-Nick

I've used Aperture since version 1.

As others have said, Aperture is more akin to Adobe Lightroom rather than photoshop. It helps organize, convert RAW -> whatever else, adjustments (all the basics you'd need plus more). For heavy editing (removing large objects, backgrounds, fancy graphics), you need an Image Editing program (Photoshop, Pixelmator (which is what I use)).

For heavy editing (removing large objects, backgrounds, fancy graphics), you need an Image Editing program (Photoshop, Pixelmator (which is what I use)).

I don't do any of that so i suppose Aperture will work well for now. Thanks!

Ah, in other words you're willing to become a thief, and not beyond announcing so in a permanent written online record.

CS4 has the same image edit rendering engine that Photoshop Lightroom has. It's called Camera Raw.

Aperture uses the same type of edit rendering engine. Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Aperture, are all parametric image editors.

Ah, in other words you're willing to become a thief, and not beyond announcing so in a permanent written online record..

Call me a thief if you want i really don't care. I guess you're just a better person than me. But i didn't come here for life lessons. Unless im stealing from YOU, sir, kindly mind your own... But im sure there are many users on here who torrent music,movies,software,ect. who will agree with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back