Any better?

Kevin07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How am i doing? do you think im getting better? the pics are taken at my favorite place in the world:D

walkyday052.jpg

walkyday026.jpg

walkyday029.jpg

walkyday025.jpg

walkyday021.jpg

walkyday020.jpg

walkyday018.jpg

walkyday017.jpg

Sping is coming, eh?
Nice close-ups on the buds and young leaves. Isn't the sight of very young, bright-green, fresh leaves awesome and wonderful?
I love it!!!

Such a pity that Photo 4 shows some signs of camera shake, which surprises me, actually, since the day was very, very bright and you ought to have been given a short exposure by your camera (assuming it is still on AUTO). :scratch:
Composition on that one is also very centred. I do see why many newcomers to photography have their subject in the very centre of their photos since that is where the camera most often measures the distance for focusing. But you can also keep the button half pushed (for measuring), then move the camera a little to the side and THEN take the photo. What has been focused on before will stay in focus and yet you moved your primary subject out of the centre.

The same would also have applied to Photo 6, which is clearly my personal favourite of this entire little series, given the subject you chose, the close-up on it, the blurred background, the blue sky ...

Photo 8 is on the way but for this bud it would have been better to turn the camera by 90° and take a vertical photo so that all of the bud including where it comes from would have been in your frame.

I do like the close-up on the dandelion in Photo 7, too, though the camera put the auto-focus on not quite the right place, it ought to have been where there is the flower's middle and it is a tad before that (centre of photo yet again)... and if I had decided to take this photo, I'd have taken out that tiny stick/wilted blade of grass beforehand.

As to the wide-angle pics of the river and the bridge ... your camera (like so many!) tends to overexpose when set on AUTO ... therefore you will either have to work on the photos with your post processing software or you will have to learn more about your camera and possible manual use and "tell it" to underexpose more, need not be much, by 1/3 or 2/3 stops could already be enough, though it feels like you would actually want to have your camera "underexpose" by 1 stop, which - so I think from what I see here - would then be the right exposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back