Any cameraphone users? Take many pictures with it?

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hope I've posted this thread in the right section, just wondering if anyone uses their cameraphone for taking many pictures when they don't have their 'proper' camera with them?

Cameraphones have come on in leaps and bounds recently, I use a Sony Ericsson K800i, which has a 3.2Mp camera, which takes surprisingly good pictures! It's a great backup that I have with me all the time for any unexpected moments with surprisingly good results. Obviously not as good as a dedicated camera or dSLR, but still very useable. The 5mp Nokia N95's been recently released too, and there will shortly be a 5Mp Sony Ericsson K850i joining it.

Do you take many pictures with yours, and had any good results?

Here's one I took on a recent visit to the Peak District in Derbyshire with my W810i 2Mp cameraphone before I sold it:
502298281_0d8500daea_b.jpg

And I have a sunset picture I took with a Nokia 3230 posted elsewhere on the forum, plenty more I might dig out!

My phone doesn't have a camera inside of it. It can't browse the interweb, it can't play music, I can't download excessivly obnoxious ring tones,

HOWEVER, I can sometimes make phone calls!

My phone doesn't have a camera inside of it. It can't browse the interweb, it can't play music, I can't download excessivly obnoxious ring tones,

HOWEVER, I can sometimes make phone calls!

Cheeky! :greenpbl:

There are a lot of cameraphones about with increasing capabilities (you can even change the ISO on some Samsung models like the D900), wondered if anyone uses them much, for when/if they're out without their camera. There's quite a few on places like Flickr, could be another photography genre!

How long will it be before Canon & Nikon strike back & install phones in their DSLRs' ? :lol:

My phone's camera lens is usually covered in dust and, to be honest, I don't have a clue how to use it! :lol:

It does however produce some mean spreadsheets & even tells me when I am supposed to be doing something/meeting someone, which I find slightly more usefull! :thumbup:

I didn't have my camera when I went to Newcastle. I did, however, have my Nokia N73. :D

03032007062-1.jpg

03032007068-1.jpg

Wow, very impressive for a camera phone. I think my camera phone is only like 1 megapixel. lol

Nice pictures cigrainger!

I think cameraphones are quite neglected, especially as they are improving in leaps and bounds at the moment and provide a good 'stop-gap' for if you see something when out and about and don't have your regular camera on you.

Here's another one of a sunset that was taken with my current K800i (3.2Mp):
681959938_53c7d43c31_b.jpg

I'm surprised at the quality available in some camera phones. Unfortunately, I don't carry a cell phone so I wouldn't have it available anyway.

I have the same phone and I'm fairly impressed. The images it produces can make very reasonable 6x4" prints, and it can be very useful in situations where you might not have any dedicated camera on you - for example when doing research I found I could save time and money on photocopies by simply using the macro mode on the camera-phone. Naturally there are many drawbacks, like limited resolution, generally inferior image quality, and the relative lack of control on a multi-purpose device, but still I think they're becoming more like useable point-n-shoots.

i sent my camera in to be repaired a while back and my phone was all i had. most of the pictures ended up terrible, but i still used it a lot

On my recent trip to Deals Gap, NC, many of us had camera phones. Really handy when we stop at a good corner to play photographer. Here's one a friend took with his cheap-o LG. I think he said it was around 2MP.

daniel_0609071553edit.jpg

i use my phone's camera to take pictures of train timetables on my computer screen (instead of printing them out) .. and similar things .. in that sense it is mainly used to store information which i do need on my travels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back