Any Comments ?

They're interesting, but I'm not sure I'm fond of them. #1 has potential, but the scene is just too busy; you have lines going in both directions, and it leaves the eye wondering where it should be looking. #2 is the strongest of the three, but I would suggest cloning out the other reed. In #3, I think I see where you were going, but again, the scene is way too busy. You have to distinct patterns fighting each other and again, the eye becomes confused. If I can suggest, concentrate on simple scenes at first; something with one distinct subject and work up from there as your eye "matures". Keep practicing, keep posting!

To piggy back on what tirediron said, the scenes are a bit busy. One of the fundamental bases of good composition is that if something doesn't add to the photo, then it probably shouldn't be in the frame. For instance, in shot #1. The partial post and handrail...did it need to be included, or would the composition have been better to show the steps and a bit more of the boat? For #2, the second reed, and #3 just isn't my thing. I might have tried #3 from a much lower angle.

In any case, focus looks good, exposure looks good, and the images seem to be processed fairly well. Keep it up. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Thank you both for the comments. I'm trying really hard to make my photos less busy. ( less is more, right?) I'm just now starting to learn post processing. One step at a time. Thanks

Most reactions

Back