Any Experience of the Panasonic Lumix G1?

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I am going to be shooting a stage show next week. I am going to use my Canon 400d, with my 135mm manual lens.

I do have 3 ertwhile assistants, however, from the students in the school in which I teach. They will be using Lumix G1's. Their brief will be "Get in close with the 14mm-45mm kit lens" while I hng back with the longer lens.

I need to know how the Lumix deals with low light, stage lighting. High ISO, and slow shutters. They do go up to 3200, as opposed to 1600 on my Canon - the canon gave me 1/60s shutter at times which was a tad slow.

Also, any advice on actual USAGE would be good...these Lumix cameras belong to the school, and have no manuals with them :confused:

I am having a training session tomorrow with my novice shooters, but the gigi isn't while a week on Thursday (although we will have a rehearsal a week tomorrow)

Thanks

usayit has a G1, i used to own the GF1 which uses the same sensor, it's alright up to ISO 800, try to avoid 1600 though, but when you can't avoid it, well, you can't avoid it.

usayit has a G1, i used to own the GF1 which uses the same sensor, it's alright up to ISO 800, try to avoid 1600 though, but when you can't avoid it, well, you can't avoid it.

Probably won't be able to avoid it...unless they use some flash?

Cheers for the input. :D

they use flash, they destroy the ambiance. It's like brining a shotgun to a ballet.

they use flash, they destroy the ambiance. It's like brining a shotgun to a ballet.

That's what I thought. I didn't use flash for my first attempts with my canon, and they came out ok.

Cheers

Most reactions

Back