Any Fuji x10 owners?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Interested in feedback from any x10 owners as to how satisfied you are with it. Particularly interested in real world comparisons to the Canon s100.

I posted a few days ago looking for feedback on the Samsung EX2, but after giving it more thought and doing more research I think the x10 is more in line with my needs. Basically I carry a P&S as my "in between" camera, meaning between my dSLR and camera phone. My main requirement for the past couple years is that it needs to be pocketable but improvements in cell phone camera's are closing the IQ gap between cell phones and P&S's. (I recently picked up a Nokia Lumia 920 and its low light performance is stunning). If I'm going to carry a P&S I want it to be markedly better than a cell phone.

So, I've decided that my backup P&S doesn't need to be pocketable anymore, but it does still need to be a compact form factor; I need to be able to toss it in my work bag, etc., and easily carry it with me. So something like the Canon SX series is too big. I've thought about mirrorless but same size issue with the lens. And I know me, if I go mirrorless I'll just want to spend money on lenses and I don't want to go down that road.

I realize there are sensor issues with the x10 which seem to be fixed on units shipped since about August. I live close to MPEX in Columbus and I'll be traveling to Columbus on Monday and MPEX has a few in stock that they've received this month, so I can check serial numbers on the spot to ensure they have the new sensor.

Most reactions

Back