Any Geeks willing to help ??

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Problem with Internet .... Other computers on network work fine, but my main computer dzn't automatically connect.....

Windows 7 - no Internet connection when I turn on the computer...

To resolve - each day, I have to:

1.) Open the Network and Sharing center and click on ...

2.) Change Adapter Settings where it currently shows "No Internet Access"...

3.) Click on "Disable the device" .... which currently shows "No internet access..."

4.) It then shows LAN disabled ............. I click back on "Enable Network Device" .....

5.) Success ...... Internet connected !

I'm getting tired of doing this everytime I turn the computer on...... There's probably a page where I enable the connection by default when computer is turned on, but I
can't find anything like this..... Turning off something that's not working anyway, just to turn it back on so it will work just dzn't make sense... but then - it's a computer..

Any Geeks out there offer a solution?

thanks,

r

try posting your question at techsupportforum too.

On the main network and sharing center screen..... what does it show under network?

Screenshot this screen and post it... when it ISN'T working!

$network.jpg

What antivirus / firewall are you running also! Did it work ever? If so, when did it stop? New software, updates, etc????

Last edited:
I think your computer is affected with virus or you accidentally hit something on your keyboard. I strongly suggest to use system restore,. If it doesn't work then it is time to reformat your computer. I encountered that problem before, I tried a lot, I searched everywhere for answers but no one can solved it, so I still end up formatting my computer.

I think your computer is affected with virus or you accidentally hit something on your keyboard. I strongly suggest to use system restore,. If it doesn't work then it is time to reformat your computer. I encountered that problem before, I tried a lot, I searched everywhere for answers but no one can solved it, so I still end up formatting my computer.

Whoa, both of those suggestions are pretty drastic and definitely last resort options.

Charlie's right, any info you can provide on anything that might have changed would be helpful. It also wouldn't hurt to swap out your network cable and move to a different port on your switch.

Most reactions

Back