Any good tripods for under $60

SteveL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Are there any good tripods these days for under $60? I am looking for one that is in the range of 60", has a screw mount not the quick release type, a smooth pan and light. Any suggestions that might fit that requirement? Doesn't have to be the Mercedes of tripods, just a good basic tripod as described to grab and go.

Thanks

You can try Best Buy, they have cheap tripods. If your camera isn't too heavy and you're not looking for much that's where I would look. You are definately not get all the requirements you're looking for but will get some of them.

Do a seach on ebay

(bogen, manfrotto) (3001, 3021)

Many will be in and slightly above your budget but even used they are still fairly indestructible. Repeat the sear on completed items to see. All are far better than the cheap stuff at regular consumer stores..... I have one that was found for $35 at a swap, wouldnt hesitate putting my Leica on it even though it is fairly worn

I have looked at most of the local places (BB, Wal Mart and so on) and they only carry the ones with a quick release. I need someone that has purchased one that fits this need and likes it and can tell me where they got it.

I doubt you can find a truly good new tripod and head for less than 3 times your budget.

$60 puts you in the used market for a good tripod.

Anything new for $60 will likely be a POS.

I doubt you can find a truly good new tripod and head for less than 3 times your budget.

$60 puts you in the used market for a good tripod.

Anything new for $60 will likely be a POS.
+1 ^^ :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back