Any handgun owners?

Light Artisan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to get my first one this week if my permit to buy shows up by then.

Debating between the Springfield Armory XD 9mm and XDm 9mm right now, the Glock 19 is still in the running as well, but slipping.

Just thought I'd see how much company I have here. Will be doing some training and then getting my carry permit as well. I do a lot of photography in the back woods and like the idea of something other than a 70-200 lens for protection. :)

You can never ever ever go wrong with a glock... beautiful design an reliable. why even ask?

I have a xd tactical in 9mm I have been really happy with it. I carry a Smith and wesson airwieght 3" barreled .38, and have the Springfield scout in the truck. Revolvers are easier to conceal and simpler. But if you did need it with the automatics another 13rd clip is easy to pop right in. But the guy I took my chl class from is a retired marine and carries the same gun I do, he said the majority of confrontations and battles typically go with a few shots and it is over, or cover has been taken.

oh yeah the only thing I do not like about glocks is they are made for right handed people only. There are a couple models they make that are ambidextrous. But the XD's have been very friendly in that manner

Well yea... go with what you feel comfortable with... I know people who prefer the revolver over semi-auto... I hate revovlers personally that see to be to front heavy... but if your not doing competition shooting go with comfort.... and for home defense I say but a .45 bore on it and knock down any wannabe theives.

Illegal and unnecessary in Canada.

skieur

Illegal and unnecessary in Canada.

skieur
Let's not turn this political with your unnecessary opinion.

I owned a Springfield XD .40 cal. I liked it but I bought it for home defense and just couldn't justify the price I paid for it. I then sold it. I just stick to the 12ga if I need anything now.

Did you try out the Smith & Wesson M&P 9?

Looked into it a bit, it's on the list to look at when I go back to the gun shop.

I do also have a Remington 870 with 18" barrel and 00 buck shot ready to go, but really want a handgun too.

Thanks for your input skieur, makes me really glad to live in the USA! :thumbup:

If you are using this for self protection in the woods. I wouldn't go smaller than a .40.

I own an XD9 and it's an ok handgun. Very durable by all means and many swear by it, including many cops who carry it as a back up weapon. Check out the Walter PK-380, sweet and easy to operate. I'm thinking about it...

I have lots of guns. ;)

I guess my 'go-to' handgun would be my Glock 22...

If you are using this for self protection in the woods. I wouldn't go smaller than a .40.

Agreed, people don't know how small a 9mm round is. I would start out with a .40 if I had to do it again, my 1st pistol was a Springfield .45 lol. That was such an inaccurate gun until I really got into shooting and started to mod it. Rifled barrel, trigger job, hienie sights, etc.

Anyways back to the topic on hand, don't buy a glock. Get something classy, something thats better balanced, do yourself a favor and buy an h and k.

Heckler & Koch - USA

I own this pistol in a .45 acp. Anyone that's gets to handle mine, wants it. Best pistol I have owned.

Someone else said go with what feels better in your hands, i'll take it one step further, if you have a range or store that you can try each one do this. Just holding it is a bit different than firing it, and if you can do both you would be better off. I personally have a Glock 23 it's a .40, but I do love the feel of the XD. I really want a taurus judge, but i've bought too much camera gear so it will have to wait.

Most reactions

Back