Any handgun owners?

currently i own a taurus 24/7-45. just in case you think about that one, don't. i am looking into the xd45. that was my first choice until the dealer turned my attention to the sale on the taurus. the taurus jams ALL of the time and its even on youtube of the problems. i think it was guns and ammo that did the durability on the xd and they couldn't kill it. ran thousands of rounds through it and still fired like new. i guess same goes for the glock though.
so personally, to answer your question. i would go with the xd.

currently i own a taurus 24/7-45. just in case you think about that one, don't. i am looking into the xd45. that was my first choice until the dealer turned my attention to the sale on the taurus. the taurus jams ALL of the time and its even on youtube of the problems. i think it was guns and ammo that did the durability on the xd and they couldn't kill it. ran thousands of rounds through it and still fired like new. i guess same goes for the glock though.
so personally, to answer your question. i would go with the xd.

Must be the .45 issue 10,000+ rounds through my 24/7 and pt140 with no issues curious

i reload my own. I've went with many different variances and still it jams. stock ammo, jams. clean powder, jams. different seating depths, jams. it is a known problem with and by taurus. and i think you are right, it is the 45. some say the slide needs to be smoothed down or it needs to have a greater spring rate in the clip. at any rate, you shouldn't have to "fix" a new gun. customize, yea, but fix, no.

Good luck with your decision....

Like i said before its all preference. A good friend of mine is a XD fanatic. Ive shot it a few times and it wasn't too bad.
Both guns are reliable.

Here's a pic i just took of my current collection minus the AR (In for a modification) =)

5388065250_3745a182f2_b.jpg

Browning Pump Action 20 GA (Top) - Hunting Shotgun
Winchester 1300 Defender 12 GA (Black Shotgun) - Skeet and Clay Shooting/Home Defense
Glock 23 .40 Cal (Bottom Left) - Daily Carry Hand Gun
Glock 22 .40 Cal (Bottom Middle) - Night Stand Hand Gun
Beretta 92FS 9mm (Bottom Right) - Safe Queen, dont like it but dont want to sell either lol

AR15 (Not pictured)
Glock 26 or 21 (Near Future)

=)

i reload my own. I've went with many different variances and still it jams. stock ammo, jams. clean powder, jams. different seating depths, jams. it is a known problem with and by taurus. and i think you are right, it is the 45. some say the slide needs to be smoothed down or it needs to have a greater spring rate in the clip. at any rate, you shouldn't have to "fix" a new gun. customize, yea, but fix, no.

True, I load my own also a pretty heavy load with HP for self defense.

I'm not a fan of the polymer-frame, internal hammer pistols, although many are happy with them. I read that XD torture test, and it does sound like a reliable autopistol. I'm more old-school...1911A, Colt Commander, Tanfoglio TZ-75 in .41 Action Express,which is a nice double-action autoloader made by the Desert Eagle maker, but in a smaller, more practical form, and also has a 9mm barrel and recoil spring.

I'm not much of a believer in 9mm as a defense round; it's too small and light for reliable one-round stops on "amped up" subjects. The old Elmer Keith rule of .40 caliber, 1,000 feet per second, 200 grains actually seems to hold quite true,and has over many,many,many decades. If one of those three parameters is *substantially* elevated, one-shot stops go way up,and it's why even hardball 230 gr. .45 ACP or most any .357 Magnum loading is a one-shot deal, and why the majority of the .35/.38/9mm Parabellum loads are so much more requiring of more than one round...

I dunno....depends what you want...there's a lot of allure in these lightweight polymer framed,internal hammer models. What to me is the most critical is the barrel,grip angle and how that naturally points for you. Many autoloaders tend to point way too low. If *bears* are the actually worry...think big-bore revolver, at the minimum. With hot loads and careful bullet choice.

What purpose will it serve? Plinking? Home defense? Carry?

I have a lot, I mean a lot of friends with the XD and they LOVE it. I would go .40 myself for a few reasons, it's just a better round.

For a first gun, don't screw around. Get the XD and you'll be happy, guaranteed.

nothing has been around longer than a glock though.... many torture tests...
Ive seen tests like a glock shooting after being buried under mud for a whole year to shoot fine then to a full auto 1000 rounds (something like that) without any FTE's.

Same goes for XD.

any gun owner that owns an xd or glock will tell you they are both excellent guns....

try it out and see which you like.

Many like Glock for their simplicity and look.
Xd looks more futuristic, but the sight sits a bit higher from the barrel than other handguns. Some like it some dont.

Glocks are fine but not my cup of tea. Some swear by them but I don't like them.

Something that just occured to me, look for a range nearby that has rentals and try a few different suggested guns. Buy the one that feels right. A handgun must fit you. One might be right for me but not for you.

try shooting them. I swear you will know when you fire one that fits well. The XD is probably the most popular handgun in the country.

XD felt a lot better in my hands than the Glock, and I was all set to get a Glock too.

then XD is the one for you!

Both XD and Glocks are great. Some like XD better, some like Glock's better.
I had both, I liked Glock since they fit me better. XD's were ok, but that beaver tail just didn't fit me well. I used to own a 1911 and it felt weird on the XD.

But thats only me since I had a 1911 before, but i dont think you'll be able to tell.

If XD felt better on your hands, go with XD.

Its a Nikon vs. Canon battle. They are both fine, it all comes to what you like and feels better in your hands battle.

Its a Nikon vs. Canon battle. They are both fine, it all comes to what you like and feels better in your hands battle.

Now that I can relate to! :lol:

lol.....

Just make sure when you make a decision, shooting with the new toy is different than shooting with your current toy lol

Most reactions

Back