Any ideas on this lighting set up

Yep. Large light modifier, and judging by the shadow her chin casts on her neck it's above the lens axis and point at a slight downward angle.

She is also several feet in front of what looks to be a gray seamless paper background.

I suspect there is a second, lower light with a smaller modifier judging by the darker, less diffuse shadows at her lower arms/hips.

So you guys think it's pretty much just the butterfly lighting set up. Any particular light modifiers, size and shape wise or just pretty much any soft box above the camera angled a bit down would do?

I don't think the main light is on-axis, but instead coming mainly from camera right. See the dark shadow in her cleavage? The main light is wayyyy off, to the right. I think the main light comes from a large V-flat with two flash heads aimed into it, one high, one lower. On the left side, there's a dark shadow on her arm; subtractive lighting, courtesy of a large black board positioned close to her just out of camera range. In front of her, camera left, probably a pair of reflectors positioned in a V. Light gray backdrop paper.

I don't think the main light is on-axis, but instead coming mainly from camera right. See the dark shadow in her cleavage? The main light is wayyyy off, to the right. I think the main light comes from a large V-flat with two flash heads aimed into it, one high, one lower. On the left side, there's a dark shadow on her arm; subtractive lighting, courtesy of a large black board positioned close to her just out of camera range. In front of her, camera left, probably a pair of reflectors positioned in a V. Light gray backdrop paper.

that is a very interesting set up. I think ill try it out and we ll see what's going to come out. Basically I will have to do shots like this for a website and ll give it a try with v flats, unless ill find any other way lighting method that I like. Shots from chest up and models are going to be wearing beanies and hats

Looking at it with this in mind, I suspect Derrel's probably much closer; I totally missed the cleavage shadow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back