Any ideas what bird this is ?

wobe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had one of these up before and was advised it was a Barley something... I don't think so as this is seen flying backwards and forwards along the beach right where the waves meet the shore and stopping to root around the pebbles - so this is most certainly a shore bird in the UK, any more ideas?!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oVMMYY]Unknown Coastal Uk Bird by Tursiops, on Flickr[/URL]

It is a Northern Wheat eater...
Yes, I think that is what was suggested last time - Maybe here they’ve developed a taste for sand hoppers etc?!

Many thanks 👍

Last edited:
I photographed these yesterday on tollesbury Marsh but were too far away for me to even attempt to ID, any suggestions?

DSC_2869-1600.JPG
DSC_2849.JPG

Last edited:
@wobe Going by the area behind the eye and my boy's own bird book, it might also be a Sedge Warbler - described as favouring waterside habitats. But I hasten to add that I am no expert. Nice shot though.

@wobe Going by the area behind the eye and my boy's own bird book, it might also be a Sedge Warbler - described as favouring waterside habitats. But I hasten to add that I am no expert. Nice shot though.
Thanks John, an old thread, I think this looked like the Wheateater according to the iNaturalist app but I am still not totally convinced.
This is seen often when I am in the area and it is only interested in the surf line and seems to be looking for sand hoppers etc among seaweed and under pebbles etc.
Unless ‘wheat eater’ does not have anything to do with what it eats then it seems out of character!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back