Any nitro RC car drivers among us?

anubis404

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any nitro RC car drivers among us besides me? If so, share your car and setup.

Mine: T-Maxx Pro .15 (been having problems lately)

traxxas-tmaxx.jpg

Nice truck.

I do not run Nitro, but I run a few RCs. purely offroad, mostly crawler or basher stuff like my Axial Scorpion. I have a couple go-fast cars too, my favorite being a Traxxas Slash .

I have enough engines in my life that need to be maintained. I prefer the simplicity and flexibility of electric.

Yea, electric is nice. I'll be drivin real cars this December.

Nitros are a B**** to maintain. Its mostly starting problems, but once its started they're a blast. I think my car might've been a lemon though, because in all of the 6 years that I've had it it has had tons of starting problems. I enjoy the pure speed and the sound of the Nitro, plus there is no chargin. Gassing it up is instant, but then again with gas at $30 a gallon it ain't cheap either.

My driving buddy has the new Jato 3.3, and he hasn't had any problems so far. Its a nice car and its much faster than mine, but I prefer off road to speed.

No nitro. I have an original Team Associates RC10T sitting in the garage in pieces. I use to race back in the early 90's.

In 2005, I started to get into RC flying with a little beginner electric. I flew it for 2 years, then crashed it for the 101st time in the back yard and trashed it. Got a camera instead of another plane and got into the photography thing. I still have my little toy micro planes that fly fantastic in no to very little wind. Haven't tossed them in the air all summer though because I stole the batteries for the controller to use in my camera.

I have an original Team Associates RC10T sitting in the garage in pieces. I use to race back in the early 90's.

Great cars. My first venture into RC was when they were the car to have. I could not afford one at the time, so I gave up trying to compete. Now days I compete in Rock Crawling, but that is it. Low and slow :mrgreen:

Funny thing about my RC10T is, I was in need of a computer and a coworker had a computer that he couldn't fix (it was a very simple fix). He raced and was wanting to get into the vintage class. So, we swapped, my RC10T which needed work and his computer which needed work.

A week later, one of my friends whom I raced with way back then gave me his old RC10T after getting himself a T-Maxx. So, I now still have an RC10T, it's just not my original one.

I got into RC racing back in the late 90's thanks to some friends, my first chassis was a Tamiya TL01, then a Tamiya TA03, and when I finally got serious into racing I got a Yokomo MR4TC-PRO, which I still have. In 2002 decided to stop since I was only able to maintain one hobby, photography.

When I was younger and had more time.... Sold or passed most everything to friends prior to heading off to college. I do still have a Traxxas Rustler Nitro .15 that I take out once in a blue moon. Loads of fun in a small, low maintenance package.

i wish i could get into RC but i have to many hobbies
Photography, Snowboarding, Computerbuilding, etc.

Most reactions

Back