Any other Digital Media Artists here? :)

I've dabbled in various mediums.

If this thread turns into a "what is art" thread I am banning everyone!

I honestly don't mind if you deleted this thread alltogether, I found the Creative Corner only after I posted this here, so I can repost my drawn stuff there anytime. Sorry for causing trouble, I really didn't mean to, this wasn't intended to offend anyone.

I honestly don't mind if you deleted this thread alltogether, I found the Creative Corner only after I posted this here, so I can repost my drawn stuff there anytime. Sorry for causing trouble, I really didn't mean to, this wasn't intended to offend anyone.

It's fine, just a little sarcasm on my part.

It's fine, just a little sarcasm on my part.
Haha, okay! :D I'm a bit slow sometimes. But thank you! :)

But, but, what is art?
:confused: ;)

P.S.: Changed the title of the thread, hopefully this helps too!

I thought there was something weird going on...

Although I understand why you did this, I wish you had not. Believe me you are not the first one to do this, I've seen it done more than once in other forums, but I've never liked it because it makes some responses prior to the change make no sense at all. And it makes reading the thread kind of like a WTF situation.

Your explanation of what you meant was plenty good enough. And you could have added that you, maybe, should have titled the thread differently. But not actually change it.

But, but, what is art?
:confused: ;)
Art is being able to sell Freezers to Eskimos in a Blizzard and make them want to come back and buy a second one.

Love that, LOL!

Acrylic painting = digital media. The term "digital", being based on the binary system, has the states of 0 (or "off") and 1 (or "on"). I either put paint on a particular part of the canvas (1) or I leave it off (0).

;)

@TheUniverse: The reason why I changed the title of the thread is because, and I know that from experience in other forums, there are people who don't read the entire thread and I want to avoid anyone else mistaking my fairly innocent question - which I honestly still think it is, no matter what wording I used - as insult of any kind or form. I'm seriously starting to want this entire thread deleted because it went into a direction I didn't even imagine it could go here. I don't want people to - excuse the language - give me **** for something I didn't mean to do. I've had that once before and it wasn't a great thing to experience.

People bask in their accomplishments and learn from their mistakes. Take this as an opportunity to learn. :1251:

People bask in their accomplishments and learn from their mistakes. Take this as an opportunity to learn. :1251:
Learn what, though? To be very honest, I still don't quite understand what the big deal is here. It's just beyond me how a simple word like "artist" could be blown out of proportion like that. I've been raised amongst painters and sculptors all my life and I'm used to calling people who draw and paint and sculpt "artists" and people who do photography "photographers", and people who write "writers" or "authors". There is no arrogance involved on my part, as I explained on the page before, it's just how I've always called it and probably will continue calling it. By no means does that mean I think writing and photography is less of an art form than drawing, painting or sculpting. It's a different kind of art, but it's still art to me and I know - and hope to achieve it myself - that beautiful things can be done with it once you manage to master it.

If you think of this as ignorance, well, then so be it. Personally, I think it is kind of childish to go about it like that, but that's just me. As I said, I'm not here to start a fight or anything, I came here to learn how to become a good or at least decent photographer, and I'm quite happy about all the help I have received so far. :)

Language is a tool of communication. Like any good tool it has to be used properly and with care if you wish to avoid the dangers misuse can cause.

People who paint are Painters. People who sculpt are sculpters. People who draw are sketchers. None of that makes them IN MY OPINION an artist in and of itself. Your initial language and indeed the language of your above post makes it sound as if drawing, painting and sculpting make you an "Artist." Where the others descriptons you provided do not.

What is Art or who is an artist is dependent upon the individual. There is no universal truth, no universally accepted definition of what art is or who is or is not an artist. There are pages and pages of argument on this forum and many others just on what art is or is not.

Language is not simple, words are not simple. Simplicity or the implied simplicity in words or language comes from the user of those words, sometimes with unintended effects. As people try to simplify the use of language and simplify words them selves the meanings can change, unfortunatly it is not a universal change.

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

Or to put it as my momma taught me, choose your words wisely.

Last edited:
Language is a tool of communication. Like any good tool it has to be used properly and with care if you wish to avoid the dangers misuse can cause.

People who paint are Painters. People who sculpt are sculpters. People who draw are sketchers. None of that makes them IN MY OPINION an artist in and of itself. Your initial language and indeed the language of your above post makes it sound as if drawing, painging and sculpting make you an "Artist." Where the others descriptons you provided do not.

What is Art or who is an artist is dependent upon the individual. There is no universal truth, no universally accepted definition of what art is or who is or is not an artist. There are pages and pages of argument on this forum and many others just on what art is or is not.

Language is not simple, words are not simple. Simplicity or the implied simplicity in words or language comes from the user of those words, sometimes with unintended effects. As people try to simplify the use of language and simplify words them selves the meanings can change, unfortunatly it is not a universal change.

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

Or to put it as my momma taught me, choose your words wisely.
Alright, you convinced me, I can't really argue with that. I still don't see it as that big of a deal, but I will keep it in mind from now on. :) But thank you for taking the time to clear things up. You guys here are much more mature than many others I've seen in other forums where I tried to share my various works.

Most reactions

Back