Any other Digital Media Artists here? :)

Fiji-Fujii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
fiji-fujii.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, guys! :1219:

So, before I got into photography, I was and, as a matter of fact, still am drawing a lot. When I was little, I used to draw with traditional media - mostly regular pencils, Chinese ink, colour pencils and watercolours - but at age 15, I got my first tablet with my dad's old Photoshop 6 (I think it was) and ever since I've been converted to using mainly digital media (Wacom Intuos 3, format A4, and Photoshop CS6 which I also use to edit my photography atm).

I've just been curious about other artists who might've found their way here. ;)

Wanted to share some of my artworks here as well, so you guys get an idea of what I do when I'm not running around and taking pictures.

Lundgren - Middle of Hell.jpg anatol-sitting.jpg metalgods-small.jpg waterbender-blue-FIN2.jpg

In case any of you are interested, you can find my artworks (and sketches) on the following sites:

Animexx.net (My very first gallery that I started in 2003, at age 13 or something, haha!)
deviantART (My current homepage and main gallery.)
Tumblr (Where I post my sketches, but I don't use it regularly because I don't like it.)

So... anybody else here who enjoys drawing or painting? :D

You appear to be claiming that only people who draw (or maybe paint) are artists. You are very much mis-informed!

I think Fiji means "traditional" in the sense of traditional kinds of artistic expression such as sketching, drawing, painting etc... Even if those mediums of artwork now often include the use of modern technology.

Photography is a bit odd because its kind of stuck being the new-kid in art. Also its not limited to art; there is a lot of very good high quality photography that isn't artwork. Indeed its one of those mediums where the line of what is and isn't art generates pages of argument and debate.

You appear to be claiming that only people who draw (or maybe paint) are artists. You are very much mis-informed!

Since I didn't like this idea either when I was first trying to show my work in galleries, I know it is hard to accept, but it is pretty much how photography is seen in the world of fine art.

Silver-based photography was never quite accepted as one of the fine arts for the simple reason that collectors of art didn't accept the fact of multiple prints being a possibility. Easy to understand when you think of a canvas, or a drawing, being an absolutely unique piece.

I mean, if you're going to pay a ton of money for a piece, do you really want your neighbor to have the same one??????

Digital photography has not helped, in my opinion. With silver-based photography, there was always going to be a slight difference from one print to the next. Not so true with digital.

Weirdly enough, it is only in the last 10 (15?) years that living photographers have gotten prices for their work that come close to that of painters. I happen to know one of them. I also happen to know the owner of the gallery that represents him. So, I know how much/what kind of marketing has to do with this guy's succes.

I don't remember what, silver or digital, the first photog doing but I know the second one (yes, there are only two that I know of) was working in digital. Humongous collage like photos. Amazing work, I'll admit.

But, again, once the amazing work with PS is done, the guy can make as many prints as he wants...

So, all that to say I understand perfectly Fiji.

Fiji, I am an artist.

Lol.

Hey, guys! :1219:

So, before I got into photography, I was and, as a matter of fact, still am drawing a lot. When I was little, I used to draw with traditional media - mostly regular pencils, Chinese ink, colour pencils and watercolours - but at age 15, I got my first tablet with my dad's old Photoshop 6 (I think it was) and ever since I've been converted to using mainly digital media (Wacom Intuos 3, format A4, and Photoshop CS6 which I also use to edit my photography atm).

I've just been curious about other artists who might've found their way here. ;)

Wanted to share some of my artworks here as well, so you guys get an idea of what I do when I'm not running around and taking pictures.

In case any of you are interested, you can find my artworks (and sketches) on the following sites:

Animexx.net (My very first gallery that I started in 2003, at age 13 or something, haha!)
deviantART (My current homepage and main gallery.)
Tumblr (Where I post my sketches, but I don't use it regularly because I don't like it.)

So... anybody else here who enjoys drawing or painting? :D

This is ART
Photographic ...an art FORM (by Brooke Shaden)
maxresdefault.jpg

This is cartooning...an art FORM
waterbender-blue-fin2-jpg.106050

Haha, seems like a few of you guys misunderstood what I meant. I am not, in any way, degrading photography (or writing, for that matter) as art. I, too, see it as a form of art, especially because of what you can do with it. (Beautifully shown in the image posted by @Didereaux.) What I meant was, "are there people who draw in the same way / using the same tools as me" but what's the correct term for such an artist? I can't call myself "drawer" now, can I? ;)

"Artist specialized on digital drawing and painting" is probably the closest to what could describe my work best.

So, please, good people, do not mistake my misuse of the term "artist" as arrogance towards photographers, because this was not intended. I'm not here to start a fight or anything of the like, all I'm here for is receiving honest critiques and helpful tips, so I can become a decent photographer myself and expand my horizon.

Haha, seems like a few of you guys misunderstood what I meant. I am not, in any way, degrading photography (or writing, for that matter) as art. I, too, see it as a form of art, especially because of what you can do with it. (Beautifully shown in the image posted by @Didereaux.) What I meant was, "are there people who draw in the same way / using the same tools as me" but what's the correct term for such an artist? I can't call myself "drawer" now, can I? ;)

"Artist specialized on digital drawing and painting" is probably the closest to what could describe my work best.

So, please, good people, do not mistake my misuse of the term "artist" as arrogance towards photographers, because this was not intended. I'm not here to start a fight or anything of the like, all I'm here for is receiving honest critiques and helpful tips, so I can become a decent photographer myself and expand my horizon.

Very well said and very nice of you to explain. Keep that attitude and you will get much use out of TPF.

Kudos!

Very well said and very nice of you to explain. Keep that attitude and you will get much use out of TPF.

Kudos!
Thank you, I didn't even realize that a simple term like "artist" could start anything like it's seen in this thread. As I said though, this was not intended to offend anyone, I'm just so used to call people who draw and paint "artists" and people who do photoshoots "photographers", tbh, I didn't even think about it all that much when I posted the thread.

Hopefully, this clears things up! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back