Any realtors in the house?

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone a realtor? How's that going for ya?

I love teaching, but real estate has really interested me lately...

I'm thinking of real estate, too...

that's interesting, wilson. I've always had it in the back of my mind but never thought much about it until my wife and I started going through the purchase of our first home. I know there are at least 2 teachers at my school that are also realtors, so I guess I should talk to them and see how things are for em.

I looked into being a Realestate Agent before. I even went as far as meeting with two different realestate companies and I also attended a seminar on how to get started.

Problem is:
1) You need cash up front for your classes and get your license
2) It takes almost a year (or more) to make enough money as a Realestate Agent to make it a full time job. I personally don't want to work two jobs.

Anyways, as much as this career has always interested me, the reasons I stated above keep me from becoming one.

Well my dad and my step mom are both loan officers and im always around them and then my dads friends are all realtors and i hang out with them a bunch.. they're trying to get me to go into real estate but idk.. if you're looking to switch careers then you're going to have to take time off of work to get your license which will take about 2 weeks to a month depending on where you live. and you when you become one you should have at least 6 months salary in savings which you should really have all the time but most people dont. but it pays really well if you do good, networking is really the key in real estate you should go around and look for a good loan officer because it will make your job so much easier and also make sure to find a good appraiser, title company, and make sure to find a great location if you're going to go into new houses

I am currently in a real estate class in college. I am technically a psychology major but I keep 'forgetting' that when I schedule classes. I have been taking classes strictly in the business department the past 2 semesters.
I took the first section of the class last semester and will finish the second section this week and then finals next week and after that I will be eligible to sit for my license. Still debating on doing that or not, I find it interesting and all but I live in the middle of no where and we already have plenty of realtors around. If I lived in the city somewhere, it would be something I would definately do.

interesting. I have summers off, so I could easily take coursework and exams during that time. I have heard that it takes a while for everything to get set up...so thanks for the information you all gave me.

My hubby is just finishing up school for realty. I'm sure he wouldn't mind chatting with you about if you had any schooling related questions (since we're in the same state the licensing would be the same).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back