Any recommendations for where to print large canvas prints in the midwest?

NebraskaSky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi fellow photographers,

I had kind of a bad experience with an online lab recently. Here is a quick short story. I sell 24 x 35 canvas prints of old cars. The lab that has been really good...shipped me a low resolution print. I have no idea how or why they compressed the file I sent...but they did. So, I emailed them a high res file again (in case they somehow messed up the original one and didn't have to lose face and ask me for it). They said they would reprint for free...which is good.

Well, last week, they messed up the reprint. They didn't ship it thank goodness...but they made up a lame excuse the UPS wasn't really shipping over the Thanksgiving weekend. Um, okay. Then I was feeling really frustrated because my buyer...my awesome buyer who spent around a thousand dollars ordering prints from me was going to be late getting one of his prints. I need a lab closer to Nebraska...so in case they mess up a print it isn't this big mess as far getting the print shipped in a decent time if there has to be a reprint.

So, what I am trying to do is find a nice lab somewhere in or near Nebraska that will do 24 x 36 unstretched canvas prints (that are varnished) for around $100. Does anyone have any ideas? Rockbrook Camera is in Nebraska..but they aren't the cheapest.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pixel2Canvas or Simply Canvas.
If you are looking for cheap you can probably surf groupon and find a coupon for Canvas on Demand
Unless you have a lab in your city or within driving distance shipping is always going to be a concern.
UPS doesn't do diddly over the Thanksgiving weekend. FedEx does. Irrelevant now. I do prefer FedEx for shipping anyway, but sometimes you gotta take what you get. ALWAYS leave at least a full week in the time that your prints should be in your hands to the date you promise them in the clients hands. That way if something is WRONG with one, you can get it replaced. Canvas and books or albums always take longer. I always tell people the print order will be in on X date and the canvas or book order will be in on Y date. They are welcomed to pick up the prints early or I will deliver the entire order when the book/canvas comes in.

I will highly recommend Millers Lab, I've had many high quality canvas prints done by them. When you look at the pricing at first they seem high, but shipping is included and is usually voer night with drop shipping available. That's a nice thing when doing prints in the 30x40" range to not have to reship them out.

Most reactions

Back