Recommendations for a printing service

freixas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
UPDATE: Sorry, I see that I posted to the wrong thread. I'm not sure how that happened. I don't know how to delete or move a thread, so I create a new thread in General Shop Talk and have added this update. If there are any admins who see this, please feel free to delete this post.

Hi,

I'm putting together an exhibit of 20 prints through a local art gallery. The prints are all 12"x18". Although I think the odds are low, we (the gallery and I) would like to leave the option open for a larger size. At 12"x18", the images are all 300 PPI and can bear scrutiny from inches away. At 24"x36", they'll do fine viewed from a few feet or further.

I'm printing all the photos on Breathing Color's Vibrance Metallic paper. I don't have the equipment to print anything larger, so I'm looking for recommendations for a printing service that is dependable and can print on metallic paper. As I understand it, papers like Kodak Professional Endura produce even more striking results than printing on a metallic paper with inkjet dyes.

Ideally, I'd also like a service that would mat and frame the image. The ones I've found through a quick search have very limited frame options that are usually fancier than what I'd like (a skinny black metal frame). If that becomes a problem, I might stipulate that the larger size option is for a print only.

Of course, I could negotiate any options with a buyer (e.g. these images would do even better face mounted on acrylic).

The biggest problem, of course, is that I can't really afford to go out and check out the quality of different printing services, which is why I'm asking for recommendations for someone trustworthy. I suspect there is a wealth of experience on this site.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back