any tips on where to get filters for Photoshop CS/8?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got CS and Id like to play with some good *free* filters, so im wondering if anyone has any tips where to get them for free. :0).

One of the main filteres im looking for is to make the picture look like its a rennaissance style painting.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Have you checked out the Graphics Program Tutorials forum here?
The first post on that forum is a sticky called "a good link ..."

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81

I can't speak for the new Photoshop CS, but I know PS 7 would run actions created for PS 6, and I would think the same applies.

I have a pretty large set of actions that I've downloaded from various places. I would be glad to make a zip file and send them to you. Private message me with your email address if you're interested. One of them is called "antique engraving" that gives a 1700's style stipple engraving look to the photo. It's very cool on shots of older buildings, like this one of the Governor's Mansion in WIlliamsburg, Va.

255Williamsburg-Antique-Engrav.jpg

There are also oil painting, watercolor, sketch, framing actions, etc.

drlynn said:
Have you checked out the Graphics Program Tutorials forum here?
The first post on that forum is a sticky called "a good link ..."

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81

I can't speak for the new Photoshop CS, but I know PS 7 would run actions created for PS 6, and I would think the same applies.

I have a pretty large set of actions that I've downloaded from various places. I would be glad to make a zip file and send them to you. Private message me with your email address if you're interested. One of them is called "antique engraving" that gives a 1700's style stipple engraving look to the photo. It's very cool on shots of older buildings, like this one of the Governor's Mansion in WIlliamsburg, Va.

There are also oil painting, watercolor, sketch, framing actions, etc.

Thanks for the link, and thats an interesting filter that was used on that picture. To me it had a more of a fabric look to it, perhaps a very detailed needlepoint thing? :0).

before I send an im with my email address, I gotta ask how many mb's the zip would be of all the filteres. Partly cuz im on dial up and the other reason cuz of hotmail's limitations. :0). Thanks for the offer.

Gerry,
I have compressed all my actions and styles into a self-extracting zip file.
Total size of the file is 336KB.

Just put the file in the folder where you want the actions and double click to run the program.

[edit] The size of the file as uploaded by Yahoo to send as an attachment is 442K. I don't know why there would be a difference, but there is, according to the fine folks at Yahoo. :eek:

drlynn said:
Gerry,
I have compressed all my actions and styles into a self-extracting zip file.
Total size of the file is 336KB.

Just put the file in the folder where you want the actions and double click to run the program.

[edit] The size of the file as uploaded by Yahoo to send as an attachment is 442K. I don't know why there would be a difference, but there is, according to the fine folks at Yahoo. :eek:

Hello drlynn *wonders if that stands for Dr Lynn*, I just cleaned out my yahoo inbox to make room for this email, so the url you can send it to is [email protected] . I really do appreciate you sending the filters. :0). Please let me know when you send it so I can check that address. This address is used just for receiving large attachments and isnt my reg email so its not checked to often. :0). Mostly once a month or two to clean out yahoo group emails. :0)

It is sending right now. And, I accidentally hit the "Send" button instead of the "Attach File" button the first time, so you are getting 2 emails from me, but only one has the file attached! :oops:

Thanks for the email, I got it. :0).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back