What's new

Anybody buy the Cokin type filters on Ebay

Vinny

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
667
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking at the holders, lens adapter and Nd filters on ebay and they all are a fraction of the cost than from a retailer. I understand they aren't
Cokin but was wondering about them after all 99% of the stuff is made in China.
 
Whatever you put in front of your lens, will affect your image quality...which is one good reason to think about the benefits & consequences of using filters, especially cheap filters.

Actual Cokin filters (or better quality ones) shouldn't be too hard to find at a good price on Ebay or in used camera shops etc.
 
The holder was great but the filters sucked big time. I had a variety of filters and had nothing but issues with them. Felt like shooting through a dirty window. The holder itself was fine but I would spend the money to get the good filters.
 
I was just thinking that if they were the same quality since the Cokin filters were probably made in China but yeah I agree 100%

Whatever you put in front of your lens, will affect your image quality...which is one good reason to think about the benefits & consequences of using filters, especially cheap filters.

Actual Cokin filters (or better quality ones) shouldn't be too hard to find at a good price on Ebay or in used camera shops etc.
 
Thanks for the info! I was thinking they just might.

The holder was great but the filters sucked big time. I had a variety of filters and had nothing but issues with them. Felt like shooting through a dirty window. The holder itself was fine but I would spend the money to get the good filters.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom