What's new

Anybody use these?

Do you see how many sand bags are needed to keep that thing upright?
 
Yeah...and I would need more living in windy North Dakota haha. I was just curious. I've used them before shooting video/still indoors, but I've never used them outdoors before. It would be great to have them for nice light everywhere...but I would be nervous about the liability if one did happen to fall in a gust of wind.
 
Yes, they certainly could make for great light...but I'd suggest that you would need two assistants to hold it while in use....or else you'd have to spend 20 minutes tacking it down...and then you're locked into that one position.

The largest diffusion screen I've used, was something like THIS. It folds up just like the circular ones...so it's pretty easy to haul in and out of your location...but it can be a ***** to wrangle that thing when it's windy.
 
Yeah I use a 42" round one regularly, but sometimes it's not big enough to cover the area I'm looking for. Most of the time it works great though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom