Anyone done any art festivals?

Thanks everyone.... G3, ya'll come on out, now, ya hyah? :wink:

Mark: I plan on having mostly 8x10 and 11x14, both framed and just matted & bagged. I have no idea which images will be what, though...I'm not that far yet.

Pricing...well, I think I had mentioned I currently have a piece hanging in a local gallery, framed size 11x14. I had to put a price on it when I left it, and had no idea what others would do... I slapped on $150 and then felt I had woefully underballed. But the show opening was Friday night, and it was a great chance to see what others were doing, and as it turns out I was okay. There were several more in that range, with several more in the $300-400 range. There was one $900 inkjet image (that wasn't particularly compelling) so it just goes to show, when it comes to pricing, it's just as subjective as art itself.

I'm not excited about the festival because I think I'm going to sell a bunch of stuff...I've worked hard in the last couple of years and have a lot of output, and this is more like a celebration of that effort for me....just to put it all out there, show what I've done, and chat it up in a festival atmosphere to whoever wanders in. If I DO sell stuff, it's icing on the cake, but I'm under no illusions there. :wink:

But yeah, pick my brain as much as you want, I am a LONG way from feeling ready!!!

Can't help with any advice but congratulations Terri!

Most reactions

Back