Anyone else having this problem?

jamescell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using photobucket to host my photos for quite some time, and it has met all of my needs. Today I uploaded a few photos and every one of them has a much colder color temp than any picture view on my comp shows them with. I even uploaded a few duplicates of old photos to see if it was something I did with this batch, but they had the same problem. Any ideas? Huh, flickr is doing it to me too.

Colour space issues. Photoshop and Windows picture / FAX viewer are colour managed and read out the colour profiles stored in the JPEG files. Internet explorer is not.

First check in photoshop or whatever program that you are using to make the image that it is in sRGB not in AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB.
The easy way to verify this is that the image should look the same if you open it in internet explorer as it does in windows picture and fax viewer.

This shows what i am talking about:
picfaxviewer.jpg

Colour space issues. Photoshop and Windows picture / FAX viewer are colour managed and read out the colour profiles stored in the JPEG files. Internet explorer is not.

First check in photoshop or whatever program that you are using to make the image that it is in sRGB not in AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB.
The easy way to verify this is that the image should look the same if you open it in internet explorer as it does in windows picture and fax viewer.

This shows what i am talking about:
picfaxviewer.jpg

Thanks! I found that Lightroom had changed my color space to Pro Photo RGB.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back