What's new

Something has changed.

4rum

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 12, 2014
Messages
580
Reaction score
887
Location
Behind the milk.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been posting images here for some time with no issues. I post links from my image host, Flickr. I load them to Flickr in jpeg, at 1000 pixel resolution. Suddenly, I cannot post them here unless I resize them to 800 resolution. I know that many sites have a limit on photo width or height. I'm just wondering what has changed? Is it PR, my host, Flickr, or in my PC? In researching this a.m. I noticed that I cannot view some member photos. In the Nature/Wildlife thread, I seen now images, just the image icon with a red X superimposed over it. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I'm going to do a shut down/restart, temp file dump and a thorough cleaning of my OS with Wise Cleaner, to see if that helps.
 
I'm back. In poking around I found, at least for now, I may have found the issue with posting from Flickr. I don't know what it is or what causes it, but, I can post if I use the selection from their size selection, but cannot post if I select 'original size'. Go figure. Used to work fine.

I'll try a few more random sample in the test thread here.
 
Keep us posted. Sounds like it's a Flickr issue at the moment.
 
@terri this is sort of a duplicate thread on the same issue by the same member, might want to combine them.

I responded on the other one, but to repeat. Flicker "free" accounts have limitation on resolution and downloads, which also affects copy/pasting the BB code.
 
Keep us posted. Sounds like it's a Flickr issue at the moment.
Thanks for the response. I don't know what changed or where, here, Flickr or my PC. I did notice that here and on my own small photo blog, if I copy the link to one of my images using the 'original' size button, I get a much longer link. That did not happen before. As long as choosing the size from the other options, everything seems fine. Took me a little to figure that out.
 
@terri this is sort of a duplicate thread on the same issue by the same member, might want to combine them.

I responded on the other one, but to repeat. Flicker "free" accounts have limitation on resolution and downloads, which also affects copy/pasting the BB code.
Thanks for checking in on this. I have a paid, Pro, account. Have for many years.
 
@terri this is sort of a duplicate thread on the same issue by the same member, might want to combine them.

I responded on the other one, but to repeat. Flicker "free" accounts have limitation on resolution and downloads, which also affects copy/pasting the BB code.
The other thread is in the Test forum, and I'd have to move it here in order to merge. We can leave it there if the OP wants to keep testing from Flickr.

To the OP: let's keep the discussion in this thread, since the Test forum is generally just a simple place to try things.

If the issue is resolved I can also lock it.
 
I seem to recall running into a size issue trying to post directly from an iPhone 12. I could crop what seemed like a few pixels off the edges and the photo would go fine. it’s been a while so I should try again in testing.
 
I still have the free account, it changed recently on downloading and BB code resolutions. There is a drop down list now with the maximum resolution being 1024x683 on a 2x3 aspect ratio. Haven't tried it, but in the free version at least I think the download is the same.
 
The other thread is in the Test forum, and I'd have to move it here in order to merge. We can leave it there if the OP wants to keep testing from Flickr.

To the OP: let's keep the discussion in this thread, since the Test forum is generally just a simple place to try things.

If the issue is resolved I can also lock it.
Terri, do I need to do anything about the post in the threads. Like you said, the photos I put in 'test' are just that. Trying different selections from Flickr's drop down to see what worked. You are welcome to move or remove any and all of that. The selection for 'origianal' size still does not work but, it doesn't matter. I save a copy of everything in RAW to an external SSD. I save jpegs to Flickr at 1000 pixels width. So, I choose that selection now and everything works as before. Sorry if I've disrupted anything in any way. When something changes, I get curious. I probably should have asked Flickr support before bringing it up here.
 
@4rum As I noted earlier this started back in May from Flickr-
  • Free accounts cannot offer downloads of original or large-size photos (larger than 1024px), regardless of the permission setting.
  • Pro accounts can allow full-size and original downloads for their own content, as long as permissions are enabled.
If you have the Pro account check your permissions settings, if those are correct you'll need to contact Flickr.
 
Terri, do I need to do anything about the post in the threads. Like you said, the photos I put in 'test' are just that. Trying different selections from Flickr's drop down to see what worked. You are welcome to move or remove any and all of that. The selection for 'origianal' size still does not work but, it doesn't matter. I save a copy of everything in RAW to an external SSD. I save jpegs to Flickr at 1000 pixels width. So, I choose that selection now and everything works as before. Sorry if I've disrupted anything in any way. When something changes, I get curious. I probably should have asked Flickr support before bringing it up here.
Nope, you are free to use the Test forum for testing how images will post here. Not a problem!

I don't think it's an issue on this software; I agree that you may want to contact Flickr support next.

Good luck!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom