What's new

Anyone familiar with this photographer?

john sherratt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
127
Reaction score
2
Location
okotoks calgary
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been to two of his gallerys one in banff and brought two of his photo's and today went to the one in canmore. And my wife brought a signed photo of a spirit bear i think his photo's are awsome.
Jason Leo Bantle Photography
 
I do not, but Im glad you posted that. If those photos are selling for that much money, it's making me feel better about attempting to sell mine in the future.

Mark
 
I do not, but Im glad you posted that. If those photos are selling for that much money, it's making me feel better about attempting to sell mine in the future.

Mark

that.

I want the Ford Econoline on tracks he's using, could have some fun here in the swamp with that thing.
 
Some of them are very nice but overall I am nowhere near impressed enough to pay what he asks.

I'm also wondering what kind of incredible frame he uses for his Conservation Edition prints... $900? Considering the last frame I paid for was about the same size with triple mat and floating art for half the price, his must be gold :(
 
My thoughts exactly. Those prices are astranomical for the quality of some of those photos. Granted theyre all nice, I doubt $4k worth of nice. JMO though. To each his own.

Mark
 
Jason Leo Bantle Photography - Nature’s Adorable

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's clipped the foxes ear before ;) :)

To be honest when it comes to art and pricing - its all about "who" you know and "where" (and thus who) you exhibit to as to what sort of prices you can put up.
 
Take that fox photo for example. It looks as if it was shot straight through a truck window. Js.

Mark
 
I've peeked into the window of his gallery in either Banff or Canmore...maybe both.
My wife says to me, why don't you do that?
Well, I can only imagine how expensive it must be to maintain a gallery in either of those towns...I'm sure it's astronomical, which is probably why he has to charge so much.
Also consider the costs of professional printing & framing etc. It's not cheap.
I recently sold a large canvas print and the framing that the client picked out, cost me $340.
 
Last edited:
His prices don't seem especially high to me. As Mike points out, his overhead has got to be huge.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom