Anyone in San Diego?

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was thinking about this today.

If there's anybody out here in SD that wouldn't mind getting together to help me learn how to shoot in Manual mode, I would LOVE you forever! I'm more of the type of person that learns better from one-on-one. Soooo..Is there anybody out here that wouldn't mind teaching me?

I will drive to you! I just need help!

Thanks, Haley

There's seriously nobody out here willing to help?

Maybe it's just me but I think that most people are against meeting with a complete stranger to teach them something for free. There is so much information on the internet. Just read a lot and experiment.

Experience is the best teacher.

Try a FlickR or a Photography meetup.com group. People go to these events wanting to help people.

internet = best tool. I've learned almost everything I know thanks to the internet, dvds and books.

self-taught

I'd love to get together and show you my manual mode.

ASL-Creepy_Guy.jpg

You might receive more replies if you post the same request in the locations and meetups sub-forum.

Well the main season I said that "I'm the type of person that learns better from one-on-one" is because for one, I'm a stay at home mom. My husband works full time, so it's mostly my son and I..I bought the book "Understanding Exposure" but honestly..I don't have the time to read it.

Also, I would have to read the book more than once to understand anything. Just like anything I've learned, It's easier for me if somebody is there to show and explain to me what each thing is about.

Maybe it's just me but I think that most people are against meeting with a complete stranger to teach them something for free. There is so much information on the internet. Just read a lot and experiment.

Experience is the best teacher.

Uhh...Don't photographers meet with "strangers" every time they do a photoshoot?

....I bought the book "Understanding Exposure" but honestly..I don't have the time to read it.....
Sure you do. You're just not motivated.

It would take a whole lot longer for someone to show you how to shoot in manual mode than it would take you to read "Understanding Exposure" - 20 times over.

I'm sure you can't sit down a read it all in one shot, but other wise, "I don't have the time to read it" is just a really lame excuse, IMO.

....I bought the book "Understanding Exposure" but honestly..I don't have the time to read it.....

It would take a whole lot longer for someone to show you how to shoot in manual mode than it would take you to read "Understanding Exposure" - 20 times over.

I'm sure you can't sit down a read it all in one shot, but other wise, "I don't have the time to read it" is just a really lame excuse, IMO.

With me, if I don't read it in one shot, I won't take in anything.
But I just enrolled into a class here in SD so maybe somebody there will help me. 3 hour class for 10 dollars..Can't go wrong.

mrshaleyberg

I think that Keith may have stated it quite well.

Motivate yourself, the time you save driving and put into research on the web (there are videos) and reading will benefit you. As you start to improve, the learning curve will work towards your benefit and you will notice that you pick up information at a faster rate as you learn more.
Good luck with your son and photography.

Here is a small jump start:

Google

Videos:

Google

I have to agree with KmH on this one. It's never a question of time it's a question of value. Make reading the book a higher priority. Turn off the TV for a week. :D

I have to agree with KmH on this one. It's never a question of time it's a question of value. Make reading the book a higher priority. Turn off the TV for a week. :D

I actually don't watch much tv. We don't even have cable for that matter. If value were between raising my son, and photography, I'd have to choose my son..No matter how much I enjoy photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back