SD card issue

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I have a issue with an SD card. One of the cards I have is only letting me view a portion of the images on it and I don't know whether it is just a case of format the card and chalk down the loss or if there is a chance of recovery.

Things I've tried:
Q is the card physically locked, no, and even if it was wouldn't I be able to view the images.
Q Have you tried putting the card into a pc to access them that yes, same result.
Q Have I looked on the OEM website, yes and I can't find a fix or even a solution to try.
Q What brand of card is it: A nikon 16gb
Q are the images worth keeping, I don't know, sentimental perhaps but money no.
Q Can I view an image i take today, yes

Ive attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing, both pc and in camera are the same I can't view the most of the images but there is something there.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 12.53.34.png

There are a number of apps that can recover data from a memory card, in variuos price ranges, inluding free download. Maybe look for some reviews (sd card data recovery) and pick one. Write-protect the card before trying one out.

I agree that there are a number of ways to possibly recover data from an SD card that is acting 'wrong'.
If your shots are important to you though, I would seriously recommend trashing the card for a new one afterwards though, they are so inexpensive these days that it's not worth the risk once they show any type of problems going on.
Having had to go through this process in the past, I can offer one bit of advice though. If the SD card company has their own data recovery software (which is often times given for free and has the download information for it right in the packaging) use it first before going to a third party one. I've always had best luck with the company that made the card over third party, but there are still plenty of good third party ones out there too. Good luck, I hope you are able to recover as much as you can.

Hi,

I have a issue with an SD card. One of the cards I have is only letting me view a portion of the images on it and I don't know whether it is just a case of format the card and chalk down the loss or if there is a chance of recovery.

Things I've tried:
Q is the card physically locked, no, and even if it was wouldn't I be able to view the images.
Q Have you tried putting the card into a pc to access them that yes, same result.
Q Have I looked on the OEM website, yes and I can't find a fix or even a solution to try.
Q What brand of card is it: A nikon 16gb
Q are the images worth keeping, I don't know, sentimental perhaps but money no.
Q Can I view an image i take today, yes

Ive attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing, both pc and in camera are the same I can't view the most of the images but there is something there.

View attachment 264092
What is the full designation of that "Nikon brand" SD card?

The OP never responded so I'm sure this thread is dead, but I'm curious - how did an SD card question get posted in Lighting and Hardware??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back